My Past Gorget Find

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I found this one a year ago in August. I was the best find for that year. It has a little damage on one end not missing much maybe an inch. I know another guy who found one that has a duck drawing on his. I can’t find anything on mine, no tally marks just plain. This is an Adena Gorget and was a creek find. I just happened to be walking in the water with the sun at 12.00 and spotted the hole in about a foot of water. When I pulled it out it was covered with brown algae. I took it home and let it dry out then brushed the algae off and then washed it. Idk if Jay remembers me posting it on FB or not. But here you go, my one and only I’ve ever found. I’m still proud of it.

Attachments

• IMG_2443.jpeg
    IMG_2443.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2444.jpeg
    IMG_2444.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 16
OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
You need to hunt along the TN River to find those. Way more rare than Clovis.
Yes rarer than chicken teeth. But I’d still like to find one. I’m considered to be in the Tennessee River Valley regional section. I do find points from all the surrounding states from me so I can always hope.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
That’s federal land and they don’t play.
It’s okay I don’t live in TN and don’t hunt the river here either also illegal. I’m sure he was just joking about that. He knows I don’t live there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread