My recent argument with the significant other...

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I really felt it important to take the time off this turkey day becuase of 2 reasons. 1). This particular client is a 'bread-n-butter' client. Always good money coming from them so I surely want to keep them. 2). Business is very sporadic these days... Some weeks I'll make 5K, but others, like this week, I only made $300. So I do everything I can to keep every client I have.

I'm not a angry person... and every girl I've dated in the past has always gotten upset with me for not 'fighting back' with her during an argument. I've since learned that people need a false sense of anger coming from me, for them to think I really mean what I'm saying... So, what I did was fake an emotional outbreak, yelling and the sort, just to get my point across that, "Hey, I'm unemployed. I could lose everything I own if I don't stay on top of this endeavor". She apologized the next morning and didn't mention it again. (nothing like 'The Burning Bed).

An outbreak of emotion in the form of anger, yelling, etc... is a sign that I can't control something. I've felt that I've always been in control of things. But again, to some people, they need to see and emotional state from someone... kind of like exclamation points, for them to realize that I'm really serious. Even if I have to fake it. It's stupid I know, but it works to get my point across. And I think I had a very good point.

-Mike (totally out of control).

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope she doesn't see this post - she will be adding "liar" to the arguement :laughing9: :laughing9: Nobody likes to find out their spouse is being dishonest. Erase this thread.

I hope your "bread and butter client" will be able to take care of you when you are divorced.

B

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Mike, I've got bread and butter clients too. I make sure they know, I don't work holidays. they understand that, and have learned to live with it. They know when I do their job I do the best job I can, and it's usually better than the competition.
I'm not saying you don't or anything of the sort, I'm just saying a client worth having, is the one who appreciates family time, whether it's your family time, or his. JMO

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
I really felt it important to take the time off this turkey day becuase of 2 reasons. 1). This particular client is a 'bread-n-butter' client. Always good money coming from them so I surely want to keep them. 2). Business is very sporadic these days... Some weeks I'll make 5K, but others, like this week, I only made $300. So I do everything I can to keep every client I have.

I'm not a angry person... and every girl I've dated in the past has always gotten upset with me for not 'fighting back' with her during an argument. I've since learned that people need a false sense of anger coming from me, for them to think I really mean what I'm saying... So, what I did was fake an emotional outbreak, yelling and the sort, just to get my point across that, "Hey, I'm unemployed. I could lose everything I own if I don't stay on top of this endeavor". She apologized the next morning and didn't mention it again. (nothing like 'The Burning Bed).

An outbreak of emotion in the form of anger, yelling, etc... is a sign that I can't control something. I've felt that I've always been in control of things. But again, to some people, they need to see and emotional state from someone... kind of like exclamation points, for them to realize that I'm really serious. Even if I have to fake it. It's stupid I know, but it works to get my point across. And I think I had a very good point.

LMFAO so you "faked" a fight with her!? WTH dude?
and FYI im sure she "fakes" a few things too!!!!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
K*E*L*L*Y said:
mikeofaustin said:

LMFAO so you "faked" a fight with her!? WTH dude?
and FYI im sure she "fakes" a few things too!!!!
:o :D

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texastee,

Well said.

MikeofAustin,

Do you realize you said that you decided to take time off this turkey day? I hope that was a misprint, yes?

I'm sure you don't mean that the family is the job, and the job is the family? (take time off from the family for turkey day to be with your work)?

:D :D

B

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
She has a "borderline personality disorder". Do the right thing and punch out. Pull the handle and eject. It doesn't get any better, ask me how I know. There is no dishonor in not riding the thing into the ground.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Mike signed his last post "out of control" and from this I believe he needs a stronger
partner to govern his life .
I'm not sure if Mike has come out of the spiral of alcoholism and panic attacks that
plagued him in October but if he hasn't then an extra firm hand is needed.
I'm not suggesting he's a "mummy's boy" but a Dominatrix will set him on the
right path.

Attachments

• Mike in training.jpg
    Mike in training.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 120

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piggy,

That's not nice!

Borderline Personality Disorder - I think we all have that from time to time - impulsive actions (I just gotta get THAT metal detector, now).

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

B

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
mrs.oroblanco said:
Texastee,
Well said.
MikeofAustin,
Do you realize you said that you decided to take time off this turkey day? I hope that was a misprint, yes?
I'm sure you don't mean that the family is the job, and the job is the family? (take time off from the family for turkey day to be with your work)?
B

We'll when you have a family, then you can take time off. Oh, I have a family, and let me tell you a little about them.

Last turkey day I took my dirt bike (from Austin) to ride around my brothers farm in Arkansas (need I say more?). Anyway, While I was riding around, I see a raccoon carcass with a chicken that has it's leg tangled up in the intestines. I let my brother know and he says, "Mom, that road kill you brought home for the dogs to eat almost killed one of my chickens".

Like pasteurized milk? Forget it, only raw goat milk for you. Eggs for breakfast? ~9 out of 10 are 'good'.

......... now if you had this family, would you spend every t-day with them?

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
mrs.oroblanco said:
Texastee,
Well said.
MikeofAustin,
B

We'll when you have a family, then you can take time off. Oh, I have a family, and let me tell you a little about them.

Last turkey day I took my dirt bike (from Austin) to ride around my brothers farm in Arkansas (need I say more?). Anyway, While I was riding around, I see a raccoon carcass with a chicken that has it's leg tangled up in the intestines. I let my brother know and he says, "Mom, that road kill you brought home for the dogs to eat almost killed one of my chickens".

Like pasteurized milk? Forget it, only raw goat milk for you. Eggs for breakfast? ~9 out of 10 are 'good'.

......... now if you had this family, would you spend every t-day with them?

yeah! in a heartbeat! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread