28.8 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cleaned designation usually drops the "sellable" grade down one, so you could sell it for an ex. fine price.

OP
OP
T

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
ANACS cost me $16 and then $12 for insurance. Anacs is probably 2nd tier in grading behide pcgs and ngc. Its a good thing I went with them, as the others are more expensive and I might have gotten it back in a body bag.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I am still trying to learn about coins.....does having a coin "officially" graded add value to that coin? Seems like it would but I am not sure.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lejeuene said:
As I am still trying to learn about coins.....does having a coin "officially" graded add value to that coin? Seems like it would but I am not sure.

LJ, the #1 thing it adds is authenticity. In addition to the protection of a sonically sealed holder, the grading company (the good ones anyway) will guarantee the coin's value in the stated grade, even if the value increases. It's 100% peace of mind that you've got, or are buying, the genuine article.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Immy said:
lejeuene said:

LJ, the #1 thing it adds is authenticity. In addition to the protection of a sonically sealed holder, the grading company (the good ones anyway) will guarantee the coin's value in the stated grade, even if the value increases. It's 100% peace of mind that you've got, or are buying, the genuine article.

Thanks Immy.....Your always educating on something......I know, my bill is adding up....ha!

OP
OP
T

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
One thing I might add, is you cannot always go by the grade quite 100%. If you decide to buy slabbed coins, no matter who its done by, always go by the coin. Do some research of your own. I have bought one or two by the grade, and later realized that it never should have graded at that level. It happens. Probably less so with pcgs. I have a lot to learn, and learnings best remembered when it costs. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread