Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a short 3 hour hunt this morning with MikeWaz in a new section. Well like 10 min into the hunt I got my 1st decent signal (it bounced a little bit but I dug down and was supprised to see a merc in the hole. My silver drought is finally over!!! A bit later I scored my 2nd merc, then my 1st SLQ for the year and my 2nd one ever, needless to say I was freakin out here!!! Then lastly I found my War Nickel. 4 silver in about 3 hours!!!

The mosquito's were unbearable as soon as you stepped into the shade there were thousands all over you biting and it was hot as heck too!!! We are gonna go back in the fall or after we get a good frost that's for sure!!!

The SLQ is a 1920, I couldn't get a decent shot of it but when its in your hand its unmistakable. Hope everybody had a chance to get out and hunt this weekend!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_3456.JPG
    IMG_3456.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3456.JPG
    IMG_3456.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 122

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great hunt for a short period of time and for not detecting for awhile!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
That '23 merc looks awesome! Gotta be close to extra fine for sure. Awesome loot pile!

Now stay inside and drink lots of water and eat ice cream.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Holy crap, Fiend!!! :o I thought I had a nice day, then I saw your post! :-\ ;D

No silver for a month and you come back in great style!!! WTG!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

That Merc is drop-dead gorgeous, and an SLQ, too? Very nice!!!

Great video - the excitement in your voice when you saw the standing was cool!

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Great hunt TF! :hello2: That SLQ is fantasitic and that 1923 merc is really sharp! Nice coinage! Way to come back strong!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Wow! Great finds! Sorry I couldn't join you guys today, but I just had too much stuff to get done. There is no doubt in my mind we'll go back there when conditions are optimal. That '23 merc is phenominal. They all are! Nice job boys.

Joe

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Just incredible Kermit! I created something for Jon's upcoming post... wish I could post it now... I'll catch you with it later ;-) Really you were doing wonderful out there today! That SLQ is in damn fine shape if I do say so myself. Congrats on a 4 silver day!

I wish I could whip my videos together like you... uhg... last ones I did I was swearing too much and have to bleep them out... that's a pain! No more swearing!! Great video! I always enjoy watching them.

So, you have to tell us more about this 6x8 SEF. Dave's got one too. What's all the hype
? Is it quieter? Does it go as deep as the Pro coil? Lighter? The ONLY negative I see is a squidge less ground coverage. What's the skinny?

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, the deepest I have dug with this coil was a good 8 inches for a clad quarter but it is quite as can be. That being said though, my pro coil is busted so I don't really know how it compaires (every swing I would get atleast 10 different hits, even if I just swing it like a foot - also it sounds off so much that it can and it has killed a fully charged battery in about 6 or 7 hours. I'm glad its the coil and not the machine, I'm gonna send it in and hopefully they will just give me a new one instead of fixing it.).

Others say it hits harder on coins and has even better separation than the pro coil. As for the weight, I can swing that thing all day long with no problems and its very nice for hunting in places where the pro coil would get caught up like out in the woods where I do most of my hunting.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wtg TF
Hope your feeling better....
Nothing like silver to cheer you up.....
WTG and congrats

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Man, you killed it today! WTG on those great scores TF!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I haven't dug a SLQ yet...And I can't wait to!!!!!

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video and congrats on the SLQ. You didn't waste any time for recovery I see. That coil looks like it's working great for you. Here's a link for MikeWaz http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/. if you don't know it already. Tom Dankowski is F75 guru. His advise really helped me with my T2. HH
John

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
You definitely were in the right spot at the right time bud. Pretty tough hunting out there today between the heat and the bugs. I was kinda hoping that cool weather would stick around for the weekend, but at least it wasn't raining.

Thanks for the link John. I've just about memorized every post at Toms site and it's helped a lot. I've got a pretty good handle on the F75 now and have gotten a few silvers already, but not this weekend.

Mike

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I added a better pix of the date - its a 1920 but its hard to tell in the other pix. :icon_pirat:

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureFiend said:
Went out for a short 3 hour hunt this morning with MikeWaz in a new section. Well like 10 min into the hunt I got my 1st decent signal (it bounced a little bit but I dug down and was supprised to see a merc in the hole. My silver drought is finally over!!! A bit later I scored my 2nd merc, then my 1st SLQ for the year and my 2nd one ever, needless to say I was freakin out here!!! Then lastly I found my War Nickel. 4 silver in about 3 hours!!!

The mosquito's were unbearable as soon as you stepped into the shade there were thousands all over you biting and it was hot as heck too!!! We are gonna go back in the fall or after we get a good frost that's for sure!!!

The SLQ is a 1920, I couldn't get a decent shot of it but when its in your hand its unmistakable. Hope everybody had a chance to get out and hunt this weekend!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cool video Fiend...and the SLQ is SWEEEEEET :headbang:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kermit, those finds are awesome :thumbsup:

(From now on, you're going to have to start thinking BIG. . . like $20 gold. . . instead of Shield nickels or SLQ's ::))

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread