My son broke the coin counter today!

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, he did. We had lots of halves to dump, so he took his 2 buckets of halves to the coin counter on the right, and I took my 2 buckets to the machine on the right. I told him to put them in slowly, but what 18 year old pays attention to dad? So he dumped in a whole lot, the machine jammed, and I had to call a teller over to open it up. She did and, aggravated at having to do so, brought out coin lok bags to put his 1-1/2 remaining buckets of halves into. I was thrilled! I have been asking this bank for the longest time to give me coin lok bags and they have always refused. So, the moral of this story is that a break-down can lead to a desired result. Has anyone else here had a hard time getting coin lok bags from their bank?

HH, people!

Jr

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you shouldn't be proud of your son breaking the coin machine... but congrats on your milestone.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jr98119 said:
Seriously, he did. We had lots of halves to dump, so he took his 2 buckets of halves to the coin counter on the right, and I took my 2 buckets to the machine on the right. I told him to put them in slowly, but what 18 year old pays attention to dad? So he dumped in a whole lot, the machine jammed, and I had to call a teller over to open it up. She did and, aggravated at having to do so, brought out coin lok bags to put his 1-1/2 remaining buckets of halves into. I was thrilled! I have been asking this bank for the longest time to give me coin lok bags and they have always refused. So, the moral of this story is that a break-down can lead to a desired result. Has anyone else here had a hard time getting coin lok bags from their bank?

HH, people!

Jr

I just got a TD branch to supply me with coin loc bags and when I brought my first thousand in the head teller let me know how happy she was to do it this way. TDs in my area don't have coin counters so all the rolls I used to bring in, they had to bag up anyway. Now everybody happy.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
The most i ever done was cause a bag change - never broke the machine...

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep trying to get my dump banks to supply me with bags, but they all refuse. I keep telling them it would save them a lot of hassle having to change out these bags 8 to 10 times a week, stop me from holding up the lines, etc.

But they are having none of it.

Although, if I had the bags, I would miss out on some reject tray finds.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
TheMastermind said:
I keep trying to get my dump banks to supply me with bags, but they all refuse. I keep telling them it would save them a lot of hassle having to change out these bags 8 to 10 times a week, stop me from holding up the lines, etc.

But they are having none of it.

Although, if I had the bags, I would miss out on some reject tray finds.

If you want the reject tray finds, just check the Reject tray while your there.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, but it's just a little bit more weird and/or suspicious being you're wrist-deep up the tube when you're not actually at the coin counter for it to count your coins...

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what are these coin bags you guys are talking about? does the bank take them to be counted and then they credit you? or do they weigh them?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea you gotta finesse those puppies in, they'll jam those machines all day long

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread