kimikiri

Jun 4, 2011
Central, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Garrett ACE 350, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son's first find!

Last night while I was going through some dimes my six year old wanted to "help". I knew that it would be very hard to try to explain to him the whole rim variation and what to look for. I decided to get out my scale. I explained to him that if the scale read 2.4 that it was a keeper and I that would give him $1 for each one he found. He was very determined and carefully weighed each dime. In the meantime I'm ripping through rolls left and right. It took him quite some time to get through his first roll but he was not ready to give up. When he was about halfway done with his second roll he yelled 2.4! 2.4! I looked over and what did I see but a 1941s Mercury dime! ;D

Instead of getting $1 he got $5 and I think he is hooked for life now. He did not want to go to summer camp this morning. He asked if he could stay home and do some more dimes instead. :headbang:

Upvote 0

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My son's first find!

I wish I would of known about this when I was six :D I'm 15 and just started CRHing, I wouldn't want to go to summer camp either! :icon_thumright:

AgRockStar

Jul 24, 2011
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL! My 3 year old son, likes to rip open the rolls for me. Sort of speeds up the process! :thumbsup:

He makes a few bucks each time too...especially if I find something!

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina

Teach them while they're young and then they'll know what to look for when they are in school. I purchased a 1/10 oz Krugerand in a broken bezel from a lady at work when gold was $400 an ounce - I paid her $40 and she tells me her child found it on the ground one day and brought it home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread