The Young and Impressionable

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
My 4yo and 6yo girls love looking at halves with me. It is hilarious when my 4yo is the first to announce "SKUNK!" (It makes the skunk a little less revolting.)

Equally precious is when my 6yo announces that she "found an end-er!" I love it.

I would like to think I am instilling an appreciation for coins and for the hobby. I hope I am not pointing them towards an addiction (which is what this hobby feels like to me sometimes).

Upvote 0

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just hand the youngsters metal detectors, good clean and healthy

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The value of our currency is something that our young kids need to know. Savings is a thing of the past. Teach them!

apush :read2:

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
apush said:
The value of our currency is something that our young kids need to know. Savings is a thing of the past. Teach them!

apush :read2:

I couldn't agree with you more Apush.

I'm 36 and the most valuable life lesson my parents ever taught me was to save and the value of a dollar. I hope to pass that on to my kids also. I love taking my daughter hunting with me, she's only 19 months old but the tellers love her! She's even scored silver for me on a couple of occasions ;D

HH

OP
OP
madwest

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
apush said:

I do look forward to the day that they will understand the difference between inflatable currency and things of tangible value (metals, real estate, other durable investments, etc).

There is no doubt that the silver we are "collecting" will continue to prove itself over time.

What is more speculative is the pre-zinc cents. When my girls are my age and surrounded by tons of copper cents (over 200lb collected in 2.5mo), they will either marvel at my genius, or laugh about my folly. Either way, memories will have been formed and I am confident that they will be fond ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread