My sons first MD-ing experience!

Dec 1, 2007
My son's first MD-ing experience!

My son is nearly seven. this past winter, we went to see National Treasure and you guessed it, he's hooked on 'treasure' hunting! We have some farms in the area that include old homestead farms long since plowed under.

We went to one field that I was told had a farmstead that years ago. We only MD-d for about an hour and found several 'hit's but over half seemed to be below the frost-line.

Here is what we did dig out though;

On the top is half a horseshoe from a heavy draft horse. From left to right below; a piece of steel strap, a clevis used in horse hitches at the turn of the century, a couple of square nails. The quarter is there just to show size.

102_0437.jpg

My boy, Jed, is excited!

Upvote 0
Re: My son's first MD-ing experience!

congrats nice going!!! Guzz1

Cool deal ... I wish someone had got me started in this hobby when I was young ... good luck and I hope you guys have many rewarding hours of fun ~ Jimmy

My little man just turned 5 and has one of those little Natl' Geographic detector's...Hot Wheel's and clad in the backyard.I hope he can stick with it,year's and year's of fun with Dad.Glad you two got out....HH!!

HE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. HEHE. GOOD JOB :icon_pirat:

Start em young and there hooked for life! A nice hobby to enjoy with your son. Enjoy!

Hey Nice Relics...That's one way to get the child interested...I love that movie National Treasure...My little one is into History, she does some of my Research...Congrats to the both of you. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back