bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My Thoughts on JD's Hunt

Monty said:
I don't know if I visited with you or not! Sorry if I didn't but I probably didn't recognize you from your avatar since you had your clothes on! ;) I fizzled out about 1:00 with my back acting up and sat around most of the afternoon visiting with the A$$es! I told someone I didn't care if I found a lot but just as long as I found something and I did find lots of rusted barbed wire and a 3 ringer. My detector has 3 iron icons and I had been hunting on all metal. I finally a discriminated out the first two iron icons and stopped getting all that rusty wire and found the 3 ringer almost immediatly. Although I tried to grid off an area and work it methodically, I didn't find as much as many did. I think it was a matter of just being in the right spot at the right time because the area was so big. There were quite a few novice hunters out there that were former A$$es! I did find a very deep, large rusted iron something that was almost a foot deep. I was unable to get it out with my digging tool and still wonder what it was? I guess I should have got someone with a shovel to come and help, but my male ego got in the way and I wore myself out digging with my handheld tool for about an hour! What a dummy! I barely made it back to the A$$ hole and collapsed in my chair! Several of the A$$es were making cracks so I felt right at home. Glad you enjoyed the hunt and I am looking forward to the next one provided it is in my back yard. Then maybe I could do that landscaping my wife keeps nagging me about? Monty

Yeah, I didn't get the chance to talk to too many people. Odd though... I don't remember seeing anyone that was yellow ;) haha

The Seeker said:
Hey Baco.....Glad to see you had a great time and found a few nice items..... :) Plus I would agree with you 100% on that most people go to fast and like you said swing their coil way to high at the ends of there swing. Drag that coil on the grass or just above the ground....The difference in depth and signal strength closer to the ground is much better. Plus slower is better!!! ;) The coins are not going anywhere and you not running a marathon....Its a little different if your in a park and the coins are a few inches below the surface, then you can go a little faster . But when it comes to relic hunting I have had more success going as slow and always keeping that coil as close to the ground as possible! Great post and glad you all had a great day..........HH

The Seeker

That HUGE field was hard to slow down in though, haha. But keeping your coil to the ground really makes a difference. Especially when the grass was soooo tall to begin with that we were all already losing depth.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Congrats on your good finds there bsco. I really missed a good time it sounds like. Thanks for posting your story and keep swinging and sharing buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on your finds....love to see the pics.

I don't know how I missed you at the site, I guess you was in the woods. The place was mighty big, and I am used to flat land, I did wander down to the pond area, but I was huffing and puffing struggling up and down those hills and digging through rocks. So by the time I got back to the staging area I just plopped down in my chair. I was totally worn out.

Maybe we will meet next time.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread