My today's dowsing finds.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a picture of my today's (April 1, 2016) dowsing finds. One pop atop ring and a piece of some kind of can. Not much for sure, but if dowsing does not work, then I should not have found these two items.

Practice makes perfect.

I will not post anything tomorrow, April 2, 2017 but will be back on Monday.

Stay tuned for more dowsing finds. Until then, enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• S5300652.JPG
    S5300652.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 70

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Been reading with some interest.
To me this seems very easy to prove dowsing works. If the rods always remain tilted up above the horizontal axis, & still give 'a response' then wouldn't you have to say it worked? (assuming it beats the chance test as well.)

The person you want to prove that dowsing works is yourselves. Read this and give it a try... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/10838-want-try-dowsing.html
.....Does not cost you anything to give it a try....You maybe able to add another tool to you treasure hunting equipment.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Been reading with some interest.
To me this seems very easy to prove dowsing works. If the rods always remain tilted up above the horizontal axis, & still give 'a response' then wouldn't you have to say it worked? (assuming it beats the chance test as well.)

I was referring to the moving left to right, then crossing, and so forth. Not the down "pulls". And the gravity that I spoke of, is that if the wrist tilts/rotates, even-imperceptibly , ever-so-slightly, then the down-side of that direction is where the rods tilt to. They are on hair-pin level-ness, after-all. So the slightest movement will move them left or right.

You bring up a good question. I was not referring to those that say they get a tug "down". I have only ever seen that in water-witching (where the tree-twig "pulls" down , supposedly). Does this down pull work for gold and silver to rods ? If so , then I'd love to see any links to this. All the metal dowsing I've ever seen, is where the rods move left or right, and you have to find the place where they CROSS, not where they pull DOWN.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... I would rather believe an article from a Scientific study than an article written by a Skeptic....

The link I gave you *IS* a "scientific study". Look again. And since when can't a "skeptic" write or conduct a "scientific study" ? Why are they mutually exclusive ? Isn't it actually MORE reputable when a "skeptic" is the one analyzing an issue/question? Because then that would only further-prove there is no bias going on. Yes I understand the "bias" can work in reverse order too.

But I'm not so sure you can say this was written by a "skeptic". Read again and see that this after-market-objection (eg.: "hostility" "bias" "skeptic" etc....) was addressed FROM THE START. See that those participating were NOT averse to it. They held open the possibility, open-mind, etc... at the beginning. Their "skepticism" was born as a RESULT of the studies. Not BEFORE the studies.

I read your link from start to finish. Please give mine the same treatment and thought.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The person you want to prove that dowsing works is yourselves. Read this and give it a try...

The trouble is, people have done just as you say, and "tried it for themselves". And when it doesn't work, the results are summarily dismissed as not being valid, for a myriad of reasons that the faithful have at-the-ready.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You bring up a good question. I was not referring to those that say they get a tug "down". I have only ever seen that in water-witching (where the tree-twig "pulls" down , supposedly). Does this down pull work for gold and silver to rods ? If so , then I'd love to see any links to this. All the metal dowsing I've ever seen, is where the rods move left or right, and you have to find the place where they CROSS, not where they pull DOWN.
You have to learn what the rods are telling you. They will act different for each. When you Dowse for water with rods they will act the same way as they do for gold....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a picture of my today's (April 1, 2016) dowsing finds. One pop atop ring and a piece of some kind of can. Not much for sure, but if dowsing does not work, then I should not have found these two items.

Practice makes perfect.

I will not post anything tomorrow, April 2, 2017 but will be back on Monday.

Stay tuned for more dowsing finds. Until then, enjoy the pictures.

Good Deal :icon_thumright:

Sorry This is the First time I got into this thread.
Last time I saw it I got Distracted.

I see your thread has gone Viral here , Which usually means there may be problems
causing drama

http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=authenticity

Because there are so many posts in this thread
Please be advised.

IF Anyone is causing Drama here, Report them & I'll put them on the vacation till 2018 list :thumbsup:

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The trouble is, people have done just as you say, and "tried it for themselves". And when it doesn't work, the results are summarily dismissed as not being valid, for a myriad of reasons that the faithful have at-the-ready.
My wife has tries to Dowse and nothing happens. It just will not work for her. From my tests 95 % of the people will get a reaction with the rod....Art

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
You have to learn what the rods are telling you. They will act different for each. When you Dowse for water with rods they will act the same way as they do for gold....

Art, do you have any links (especially videos) to a metal rod that gets a tug "down" for metal ? Versus the left to right movement, where you're waiting for them to cross ? If so, I would love to see it. This would be much harder to explain by "more plausible explanations". And I would love to take a look.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Les, I have had my hand slapped for commenting on this subject. For speaking the truth. I have an issue with your using bold and enlarged type in your posts. You are shouting. Waiting on you to receive your rules violation hand slap.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Les, I have had my hand slapped for commenting on this subject. For speaking the truth. I have an issue with your using bold and enlarged type in your posts. You are shouting. Waiting on you to receive your rules violation hand slap.
Kray. Sorry, no shouting intended. My eyes were blurring and giving me problems and I momentarily did that. I will correct my posts.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have heard this explanation before. And I can accept this (although, humorously, it only confirms that the rods are doing at all). It's no different than a well-skilled md'r, or a well skilled nugget hunter, can walk out to ANY potential spot (a field, a valley, a stream bed, etc...) and look at the lay-of-the-land. And JUST BY THEIR GUT FEELING (based on much experience) can tell you the most likely spots that nuggets are likely to be in that stream bed. Or the most likely spot for coins in that meadow (Ie.: the most likely place the picnickers would have picked, or the campers would have camped, etc...). And they hone their md'ing on those "most-likely spots".
Just leaving to go hunting. I have a big target about 3 miles from where I received the signal. I have done my research and made my plan. Please tell me how I can know the lay of the land from 3 miles?...Be back Monday or Tuesday...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK my friends, here are some pictures that will make your mouth water.

Sitting in my lounge chair, I said to myself: Self, get off your rear and go see if you can find something out in the desert while dowsing. I mean, you have been able to before, lets see if you can do it again on this pleasant Saturday Arizona afternoon.

So I loaded up my dowsing rods, my ever reliable Bounty Hunter Tracker IV metal detector as my pin pointing device, my large shovel (forget the ice pick) and my doggie, Ginger and off we went, up the dirt road of life..

After parking and turning my dog loose, who went straight for some range cows, I started dowsing. I walked for a minuted or so and my rods crossed. I went back to my truck, got my shovel out, and as I walked back to ground zero, I counted 55 steps to the target spot.

Upon arriving, I pin pointed the target again, then sunk my shovel into the soft moist desert dirt. I checked the hole. Not there. It is in the pile of dirt I dug out.

After looking in the dirt pile, bingo, out popped a spent long rifle .22 shell.

Now I have not owned a .22 rifle since I was a kid and that was a longtime ago and I do not own one now.

Enjoy these pictures. I sure do.

Attachments

• S5300656.JPG
    S5300656.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • S5300657.JPG
    S5300657.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • S5300658.JPG
    S5300658.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • S5300659.JPG
    S5300659.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • S5300661.JPG
    S5300661.JPG
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 51
  • S5300662.JPG
    S5300662.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • S5300663.JPG
    S5300663.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, do you have any links (especially videos) to a metal rod that gets a tug "down" for metal ? Versus the left to right movement, where you're waiting for them to cross ? If so, I would love to see it. This would be much harder to explain by "more plausible explanations". And I would love to take a look.

Here You go Tom, Here is Art showing his skills.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Im starting to read up on pendulum dowsing.... here is my little thread on it... I am starting to believe!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/techniques/534548-pendulum-map-dowsing.html

Dowsing out in the field with a metal rod is a hard concept for me to understand how it works. But pendulum dowsing on a map is just beyond my limited comprehension. I must say it looks like fun though. Do dowsers accept all methods of dowsing.... meaning there is a single underlying principal to dowsing or are there separate camps that promote their own dowsing method as being the only true dowsing? You know how cliquey metal detectorists can be with their favorite brand of machine. Is it the same with dowsers? I worked with a guy that would use two rods to find buried pressurized industrial water lines. He was pretty accurate sometimes, other times not. I could and would never put my faith in it though. I didn't want my guys getting killed by digging in the wrong place.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My ole' lady can dowse gold. About five years ago, I set about a gram nugget on the floor of her living room and they crossed (two wire coat hangers) over the vial with the nugget in it. The first few times, I was sceptical when she did it, thinking she knew where it was and she would subliminally have them cross, so I stuck it under different areas of a long living room runner rug she had, and had her go into the bedroom while I hid the gold in different places under it. Sure $hit, they crossed everytime she walked over it.
When this tread started, I had her do it again. One rod points to her when she goes over gold, even some vials I have with flakes in them. She had her wrist fused and plated two years ago, and that wrist doesn't work (as far as the rod moving). Earlier that day, I was going through some material that I had in some buckets that were washed in my concrete mixer that I classified down to 12 mesh that I hadn't yet ran through my Quicksand concentrater. I had her walk up to three buckets that had my cons, and the one rod pointed towards her again. I also walked with the buckets in my arms towards her, and the one rod pointed to her again. She was standing completely still when I walked towards her.
I ran my cons from those three buckets the next day, and I found a few pinhead sized and smaller flakes in each bucket. I know what I saw, and I have no reason to make this up. So needless to say, I believe some folks can dowse for gold.

suberdave

May 22, 2012
Eagle Rock CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been dowsing for a while. I had my daughter put 10 objects around my yard,surface placement, rings, pennies I Found all objects except one quarter. I also use one rod, safely, while I drive. I tell the rod to turn left or right ahead of time so I can make a left or right turn. I think old coin or something of value. Two days ago it led me to this vacant house I have never really noticed but pass all the time. Metal detected there found a 1902 Indian head penny, a small silver bracelet and about $2 clad.
I found a 1887 Indian head penny, it pointed in the direction and I found it. Damn it I ended up losing it, but the rod did point it out to me.
Ok, I'll admit that I am embarrassed to use them during the day and in public. None the less dowsing works. L L. Those are my what I call them dows and rod. Ok thanks. Have a great weekend all. Happy ,dowsing, detecting. Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread