my token and first merc

kakcsdad

Feb 5, 2007
cantonment, florida (pensacola)
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT stock and 5.3 coil
went down to a big drainage project downtown to see if i could detect it since it is in a historic part of pensacola where a park is or was i should say. ran into a couple of other detectorists and they said as long as they weren't working you could detect. i wish i knew that a month ago. they have moved alot of dirt into big piles and spreading it as they need it. the first thing i found was a pcola transit token from the mid 40's. then the 2 thimbles even tho they are crushed. the schwinn logo plate came next. i just think its cool as it seems everything on a bike these days seems to be a sticker. then a wheatie and the whatsit that looks like a part of a crescent wrench or something. then the bottle and stopper. bottle is "creever.lct.sp??? mfg co.then knoxville tenn usa. ....then a lipstick tube. think its copper. then went to the bottom of the pond where they freshly spread some of the dirt and it didnt seem that anyone had been down there to detect it. i grid the dozier tracks and after abt 30min or so i got a solid 79 on my mxt and dug abt 2-3 inches and out came the merc. i was excited as it is my first one. it was a 1943. i wish i had my camera. but as usual i didnt.
this project will be ongoing for awhile so will be back for sure.

Attachments

• metal detecting 010.jpg
    metal detecting 010.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 293
  • metal detecting 011.jpg
    metal detecting 011.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 301
  • metal detecting 024.jpg
    metal detecting 024.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 303
  • metal detecting 013.jpg
    metal detecting 013.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 283
  • metal detecting 021.jpg
    metal detecting 021.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 300
  • metal detecting 020.jpg
    metal detecting 020.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mentioned the token before the Merc, good, good.
Carl

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a neat token!!!! i found the same one last year :icon_thumleft: nice merc ;D MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread