my towns tellers are uncooperative

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
my town's tellers are uncooperative

Hit the banks this morning after wal mart and garage sales. Out of the three drive thrus im my town, all of the tellers are very rude. They seem nice enough, they are just in an awfully big hurry to say no and send you on your way. I have to bite my tongue. One young girl was kind enough, after I turned on the persistence, to ask the other teller in the bank, who had 5.50 in halves, and a 1972 eisenhower that is in very poor shape. No silvers, but how would i know this if she didn't check for me. For some reason, people will do less than nothing, without being driven.
They say to get to know the tellers.
Who cares if you look stupid 10 times, and only one teller that you try to get friendly with saves you a funny looking 2 dollar bill. Any return is more than worth the effort of dealing with people that just, don't, get it.
There is a missing link in the chain of communication between servers, and servees. Just smile, and drive on.
Improvse, adapt, and overcome.
Have a nice day : )

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Re: my town's tellers are uncooperative

It's much better to go in the bank - face to face.
Always ask the head teller if there are any in the vault.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have to agree, go inside. :thumbsup:

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island

I hadn't even thought to try the drive-thru silver service. =)

Pull-up...

"May I have your silver halves please."

"Of course, here you are sir."

"Thanks."

And you drive away...

~Dave

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't forget to toss in any solid gold coins that you have lying around too... ;D

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE

BBcardsRI said:
I hadn't even thought to try the drive-thru silver service. =)

Pull-up...

"May I have your silver halves please."

"Of course, here you are sir."

"Thanks."

And you drive away...

~Dave
yes i have done this before. i even had one place that had a weight limit on their outside drawer. and they would pass me the empty boxes first and then my 3000 in halves 5 rolls at a time ;D

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac

yes i have done this before. i even had one place that had a weight limit on their outside drawer. and they would pass me the empty boxes first and then my 3000 in halves 5 rolls at a time

I hope you had a good reason for not going into the bank and picking them up. Thats just mean to do to a teller! But at least they were nice enough to do it for you.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that you should go inside always. You would have to anyway if they had a bunch of halves. There is a limit as to how much change to send through the pneumatic air containers. I have seen where someone pulled up, put their cash in, sent it away, only to see it not arrive at the teller window. The reason being, they had put a few rolls of change in the container and it got stuck!

I would think the tellers inside would be a bit more relaxed than the drive-thru tellers anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread