My True Story of a Bank Robbery, by F. J. (Doc) Woods, Sr.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interestng story. My grandfather was a local historian and wrote several articles that were published in that Journal.
One of the stories that grandpa told me was of a friend of his finding several spanish gold coins after a hard rain in a pasture along Beaver Creek in taney county missouri, these were found at a place called "the narrows". There was a ford at this place. Grandpa saw the coins himself and was going to take me to visit the property owner. But grandpa was always sick and unbeknown to him at that time had a brain tumor. I was only in fifth grade when he died but I used to sit on his lap and he would fill my mind with story after story about the local history. I think he ruined me for life.
I believe if you google Roy Stout you can find this story I am talking about. It was also printed in the White River Historical Quarterly....Steve

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Superduty,
The most publicized of these lights are over in Hornet Missouri, just a little south of Joplin. When in college I used to grab a date and spent hours waiting for it to appear. It seems that I was always either a day late or day early. Either way it has been seen by hundreds of credible people over the years. There are a lot of theories but as yet no explanation....Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread