My Turn

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
I got out to try out the new(sort of) Goldmaster today for about 3 hours. Considering my lack of current experience I don't think I did to badly,or maybe I should say that I am not disappointed. I only found 2 pennies and a lot of foil and many pieces of wire from the machine that grooms the sand at this little man made lake(more like puddle,lol). The best part was that now I know what this machine sounds like when it inds silver. Yup, I found 2 pieces of siver jewelry,a tiny earing made from silver wire and a toe ring marked .975. The toe ring gives a very soft tone compared to a coin or foil. Man this puter is slow,I hope that other one comes in next week. Fred

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
That is and may be true,but now I don't believe that the detector found that Pt. on the creek we are claiming as it didn't sound anything like the silver ring. Not that I mind flukeing it,noww I can go back there next week and try for something better. Fred

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Take a second look at that toe ring-- Sterling silver is marked '.925', not '.975' Maybe you found something from a foreign country, or could it be -- p l a t i n u m -- ? Might be worth a double-check!!!

Attachments

• 2012-09-10_14-38-14_615.jpg
    2012-09-10_14-38-14_615.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
F

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
LR; Can I plead Typo or do I have to confess to being brain-damaged. You are right of course,it's .925. There are no other marks on it and considering the price of Pt. how likely is it to be that rather than Ag. I am going back up to the new claim next week and I will try to remember that hot rock sample for you. Fred

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread