Hangar Mom

Greenie
Jan 9, 2016
Cumberland Furnace, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
941000_10208598410816686_1883381818175503580_n.jpg Not sure I loaded this correctly, forgive my ignorance! Found by the tree in my front yard. (sugar maple, the largest in the county) Hatchet head? Pull of some kind! This is exciting stuff! 30 30 ammo shell.

Upvote 21

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet.

If that's exciting, I can't wait to see the silver post....lol Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
H

Hangar Mom

Greenie
Jan 9, 2016
Cumberland Furnace, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so sorry it's not exciting to you. Why even bother commenting? Good grief. I only started using my MD 30 minutes ago. If this is the attitude I am going to encounter here, I am very disappointed.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a hatchet head but a "wedge".

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good start btw...
Keep it up...
You will dig a lot of these type of items in your "learning curve"...
The more you detect the more proficient you will become.

Once you detect an area... try new settings and detect it again.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your next "tips"...
On your next "finds" ...
So...
Get back out there :P

Last edited:

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm so sorry it's not exciting to you. Why even bother commenting? Good grief. I only started using my MD 30 minutes ago. If this is the attitude I am going to encounter here, I am very disappointed.

Don't expect Crusader to sugar coat anything, but he's one of the best members and regular posters here as far as I'm concerned. I thought the comment was fairly original, actually. Heheh!

Enjoy the hobby, enjoy the forum, and good luck. This is a great, safe, clean forum. Don't go anywhere.

Brad

OP
OP
H

Hangar Mom

Greenie
Jan 9, 2016
Cumberland Furnace, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well good, I don't sugar coat anything either. I like my jerks right up front where I can see them. If I think you're being a condescending jerk, I call it. Fair warning.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are some really great people here! Have fun with your new hobby :)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well good, I don't sugar coat anything either. I like my jerks right up front where I can see them. If I think you're being a condescending jerk, I call it. Fair warning.

lol... well you are not alone in thinking Cruz is a jerk :)

heh Cruz :P

:)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Hanger mom...
How are your coffee making skills ?

The only bad part about Tnet is...

The Rum is always gone. :)

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet.

If that's exciting, I can't wait to see the silver post....lol Happy Hunting.

Welcome to TNet Hangar Mom!

I wouldn't necessarily take Crusader's post offensively...at least if you interpret it as "If finding the relics you found got you excited about the hobby...just wait until you dig up your first silver piece. Cuz you'll really be excited then!" :) Im interpreting it that way since that is how it was for me 3 years ago when I got into the hobby. My first outing consisted of finding some modern clad and even though it was modern clad, I felt like I was on a treasure hunt. When I pulled up my first silver....although just a silver Roosevelt, I was still on cloud 9. When I landed my first piece of jewelry and gold...yeah, couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days.

TNET is full of great members and plenty that will happily share their tips and tricks with you. Don't forget to visit the forum specific to your detector's manufacturer to get some more great knowledge.

Looking forward to your next finds post! :)

Happy Hunting
-TwoYewts

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum Hanger Mom. We all started, some quite a few years ago, and found what you did. It was exciting just to find something. Don't let anybody take that away from you. It gets better and better. Give yourself, and us, a chance. Don't be afraid to post what ever you find. Good luck and happy hunting. I just went back and checked. I see you are from Tenn. You have some awesome history and areas to hunt. I'd be willing to bet your finds will get better and better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hangar Mom

Greenie
Jan 9, 2016
Cumberland Furnace, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARC, how old are you? 'Cause I got grandkids that act older. Probably better treasure hunters too, given the chance. .....and the name is Hangar Mom. Not hanger. You make me sound like I am running an illegal abortion clinic.

...and I always have plenty of rum. Just none for YOU! :P

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARC, how old are you? 'Cause I got grandkids that act older. Probably better treasure hunters too, given the chance. .....and the name is Hangar Mom. Not hanger. You make me sound like I am running an illegal abortion clinic.

...and I always have plenty of rum. Just none for YOU! :P

Easy girl, by the way, nice finds. I hope you find some coins tomorrow or a ring! Rings are really exciting. I love this hobby, keeps me excited all the time!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am old enough that I have mastered the art of acting like a clown...
And I hope your grandkids find all the things that I cant seem to / didn't.

Oh and are you drinking that rum NOW ?

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hangar Mom congrats on those finds. :occasion14: We all started out digging targets such as yours and we were elated to find them.

Please don't take offense, some try to be humorous and are usually well received.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WELCOME HANGAR MOM TO TNET AND AS I SEE YOU HAVE A WEDGE AND CARTRIDGE AND HANDLE TO SOMETHING . IM NOT PICKING SIDES BUT I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR POSITION FROM TIME TO TIME AND THE MEMBERS WERE QUICK TO SORT THINGS OUT. NOW FOR CRU HE IS AN EXCELLENT POSTER AND TAKES DETECTING SERIOUS AND FOR WHAT HE SAID TO ME , IS MORE A JOKE ,THAT CAN CATCH SOME OFF GUARD . I DO NOT KNOW HIM PERSONALLY BUT I HAVE COMMENTED ON ALOT OF HIS FINDS AND AN ALL OUT GREAT FELLA. SO YOU SAID 30 MINUTES , WELL WITH THE DETECTOR YOUR WASTING NO TIME FOR IN THAT LITTLE BIT YOU HAVE FOUND DISCARDED ITEMS THAT MAYBE NOTHING TO SOME BUT TO YOU I SAY IS A EXCELLENT START AND YOU SAY THESE ITEMS WHERE AROUND A BIG MAPLE? WELL ACT AS IF YOU RENTED THE DETECTOR AND DIG LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW FOR IT ONLY GETS BETTER .

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hangar Mom congrats on those finds. :occasion14: We all started out digging targets such as yours and we were elated to find them.

Please don't take offense, some try to be humorous and are usually well received.

Usually heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread