Hangar Mom

Greenie
Jan 9, 2016
Cumberland Furnace, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
941000_10208598410816686_1883381818175503580_n.jpg Not sure I loaded this correctly, forgive my ignorance! Found by the tree in my front yard. (sugar maple, the largest in the county) Hatchet head? Pull of some kind! This is exciting stuff! 30 30 ammo shell.

Upvote 21

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are on the right track with your tree. If you keep clearing the base of the tree of iron the non ferrous bits will appear, Welcome aboard.

Rob.IV

Jan 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1260104 Not sure I loaded this correctly, forgive my ignorance! Found by the tree in my front yard. (sugar maple, the largest in the county) Hatchet head? Pull of some kind! This is exciting stuff! 30 30 ammo shell.

Welcome aboard... Looking forward to seeing your upcoming post and finds...!!

GL & HH

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread had me at Hello...
Boy, it went sideways quick!

I learned a lot.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL.. Yeah, it kind of is. I've been around the world a bit, and I think "Jerk" isn't one I hear much elsewhere. What do you Brits call each other, other than Idiots?

*that came out funny... but let's see where Crusader takes it.*

I think "wanker, tosser, and bugger" would cover it. I do like idiot though, there's nothing quite like when you do something stupid and your wife sighs, squints at you, and calmly says "you're an idiot.".

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your on your way and it is really nice to see another "mom" on the site. They guys here are polite for the most part. Some of them get carried away with their passion for the sport but a great site to learn and show

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a nibble that time...

THIS is a bite mark...

***AARC moons Skippy***

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might as well make use of this thread...

No use in letting a perfectly good sideways thread go to waste.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
your on your way and it is really nice to see another "mom" on the site. They guys here are polite for the most part. Some of them get carried away with their passion for the sport but a great site to learn and show
Carried away? Us guys?....nah

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody got carried away ?

Was it me ?

Is that how I got where I am at ?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hangar Mom,

Now that is quite the entrance.....kind of reminds me of "who's on first by Laurel and Hardy"....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet Hangar Mom!

I wouldn't necessarily take Crusader's post offensively...at least if you interpret it as "If finding the relics you found got you excited about the hobby...just wait until you dig up your first silver piece. Cuz you'll really be excited then!" :) Im interpreting it that way since that is how it was for me 3 years ago when I got into the hobby. My first outing consisted of finding some modern clad and even though it was modern clad, I felt like I was on a treasure hunt. When I pulled up my first silver....although just a silver Roosevelt, I was still on cloud 9. When I landed my first piece of jewelry and gold...yeah, couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days.

TNET is full of great members and plenty that will happily share their tips and tricks with you. Don't forget to visit the forum specific to your detector's manufacturer to get some more great knowledge.

Looking forward to your next finds post! :)

Happy Hunting
-TwoYewts
he'sright.jpg

Welcome Hangar Mom and congrats on your first finds. Sub 8-)

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You people crack me up.

Good job on your first finds, I'm sure you'll find some great things soon, especially if you like civil war history and start getting on some of the properties around those areas in Tennessee.

Question for everyone else-- WHY IS SUTPHIN ALWAYS YELLING???

OP
OP
H

Hangar Mom

Greenie
Jan 9, 2016
Cumberland Furnace, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skippy, he spelled it wrong. Not that he didn't post the whole name, but he spelled it wrong. There are two hangars, one is the Mommy Dearest kind, the other is a building used to house aircraft. I don't care if he shortens it, just spell it right. :)

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You people crack me up.

Good job on your first finds, I'm sure you'll find some great things soon, especially if you like civil war history and start getting on some of the properties around those areas in Tennessee.

Question for everyone else-- WHY IS SUTPHIN ALWAYS YELLING???

Haha, here we go again!

OP
OP
H

Hangar Mom

Greenie
Jan 9, 2016
Cumberland Furnace, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for Crusader, I do apologize. I did absolutely misinterpret him, and I am wrong for it. As for AARC, one of his very first comments to me when I posted in the introductions absolutely pushed the wrong button with me. If I wanted that kind of sexism, I would have stayed in the army. It is absolutely the wrong thing to say to me and expect me to think it's funny. And, he caught me off guard because it was the last thing I expected coming here. He was on my list from the first minute. He seems to be extremely knowledgeable ad *sort of* funny. I will get used to him, now that I know what to expect. Thank you everybody!! Everybody else is so wonderful!!!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite line, when I'm feeling saucy, as a comeback, is typically, "It's a good thing you're pretty."

It's one of those things you can say, that is complimentary, but ... ISN'T. LOL

:)

That's a death wish my friend! Lol

My father-in-law gave me some advice the day before I married his daughter. He told me there will be times where I should respond to my wife like this: don't make eye contact, calmly say "yes my queen", and limp away.

This has saved me a few times haha!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And by the way, welcome Hangar Mom. This is a great place with good folks. There may be drama from time to time, but if you detect and like history, this is the place for you.

Good luck in your future detecting adventures!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread