Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY VERY FIRST STERLING SILVER SPOON RING

Yesterday, I got back to a park that I have hunted numerous times in the past. The area I picked to hunt is an area I have searched before but never really gridded. I was determined to focus on this area with the DEUS.
I know that a VDI number of 97 - 98 will usually be iron, including deep rusted out steel bottle caps. I don't usually investigate a 98 - 99 signal.
I tried something a little different yesterday and it paid of. The first payoff came in the form of a 1936s Mercury Dime. (97 - 98 and deep)
The second deep 97 - 98 signal that really paid off during the hunt, was my very first Sterling Silver Spoon Ring.
I straightened it out and gave it a baking soda paste rub. Any help in identifying the character on the ring would be appreciated. I think it was a child's spoon.

IMG_6629.JPG IMG_6628.JPG

IMG_6627.JPG IMG_6626.JPG

IMG_6625.JPG IMG_6624.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 14

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. In my experience with the Deus you most certainly need to investigate those deeper 97-98 signals. 99 not so much.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You did pretty good there! Two great keepers, and you dug quite a few coins as well. Oh yeah, one of them hunted out areas :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't it nice that there are *always* firsts to be had in this hobby.

Congrats, nice piece and finds!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ATW,

Good going on a double silver day.....kind of makes you wonder how many keepers get passed over by paying to much attention to the screen.

Regards + HH

Bill

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, ATW. I like the ring, but have no idea what is on it. The Merc is sweet too. Is that a 1911 V nickel beside it?

Ice Scratcher

Jul 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any help in identifying the character on the ring would be appreciated. I think it was a child's spoon.

Congrats on the silver!

That ring in particular wasn't made from an actual spoon, just in the style of a spoon ring..

Google "Siam silver ring" for more information on your ring... Took me forever to find out what mine were.. lol

<Β°)))>{

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver!

That ring in particular wasn't made from an actual spoon, just in the style of a spoon ring..

Google "Siam silver ring" for more information on your ring... Took me forever to find out what mine were.. lol

<Β°)))>{

Thanks Ice Scratcher. Yep, sure looks right. Looks like a typical Siam ring w/ temple dancer. (Circa 1940's) Thanks for the information

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt!!! Love that silver Siam ring!! Really interesting find. Congrats on the Merc and other finds. Well done, HH

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man ATW you had a great day! I love the merc and that 1911. My first silver anything was a child silver spoon from the early 1900s. It was made curve like the handle of a tea cup and it had a cow jumping over the moon with the quote "hey diddle diddle" in the spoon. A really neat spoon. I remember the first thing I thought was, "So that's where they got...you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome silver spoon ring, I found a spoon ring last year but unfortunately, it wasn't silver. congrats:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread