ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My old website has been revamped by my daughter. It still has some tweaking to do but she wants to be a website developer. It was all hard coded by her. I have a few more things I want her to do with it but overall I am pleased. This is my youngest of 6 daughters building it.

Anybody care to give me some constructive criticism on it? I want the photo's clickable with captions and I would like the returned items a little different. I have more to add like the bombs I have found and a few other pictures. It is scubadetector.com if anyone is interested in a positive critique. Thanks!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My old website has been revamped by my daughter. It still has some tweaking to do but she wants to be a website developer. It was all hard coded by her. I have a few more things I want her to do with it but overall I am pleased. This is my youngest of 6 daughters building it.

Anybody care to give me some constructive criticism on it? I want the photo's clickable with captions and I would like the returned items a little different. I have more to add like the bombs I have found and a few other pictures. It is scubadetector.com if anyone is interested in a positive critique. Thanks!

While I haven't checked out the site yet.... I'm looking for someone soon to build me a website for my toy boxes. I couldn't begin to keep up with a single ad before but after I get my new shop set up I'd like to branch out a little. But I have to make sure I can handle what I'm "asking" for...? I'll check it out soon... Thanks and best wishes!!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not understand why the home page does not show more about the site than a nickname

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I do not understand why the home page does not show more about the site than a nickname

That was her idea. I haven't had the heart to ask her to change it yet. Thanks I also agree totally.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I went exploring there. Your Tips page is filled with great tips!

I've been to Port Huron many times, years ago though, and that river is fast. That little park at the bridge across to Sarnia is a very nice place, I walked that sidewalk by the river towards the town.

Your daughter has done a great job, and she has only just begun. Tell her to keep 'em coming.

Oh, by the way, didn't she miss a link?

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

I've been to Port Huron many times, years ago though, and that river is fast. That little park at the bridge across to Sarnia is a very nice place, I walked that sidewalk by the river towards the town.

Your daughter has done a great job, and she has only just begun. Tell her to keep 'em coming.

You better believe it! I am getting rid of some other links also. THANKS a bunch. I forgot to mention that to her. She took this info off my old website.

Great criticism so far. Thanks for helping me out!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
want some pics of me to spice it up?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I might also be looking for a web designer later in the year. Will keep her in mind - assuming she'll have time for us 'little' folks! :sign10:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm...took a long time for my page to load. Then clicked on one of the links and it started to load before Firefox froze. I have very limited data allowance, so just had to exit the page.

Don't normally run online with images enabled but often have to on Tnet. :dontknow: Had images enabled here.

Just went back again with images turned off - BLAZING fast!! No problem viewing the text, but I'll have to stay away from images, that's for sure.

I also refuse to allow....not Java....can't remember what I also disabled on the PC, but something that most people think they can't surf without!! Active X - is that it?? Anyway, I basically run in text-only mode most all the time, then enable images when I have to. Only internet we can get here in cellular (3G), and that's iffy!! No landlines out here!

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You asked for "constructive" criticism ... No criticism. How about just a couple of observations from someone who has done a few websites:

Large image on first page ... reduce size in bytes probably by reducing the dimensions. The image is "responsive" (resizes with browser) so no need for a huge image (4 megabytes .... can be reduced to a manageable 150k or even 400k and get a much faster loading site with no noticeable loss in quality unless someone is viewing on a 100" monitor.

Coding looks a bit different than I would do, but in my old age I'm getting a bit lazy. I decided I don't want to "hard code" everything and so I use software to do most of it for me.

I think your daughter would get a lot from a group I belong to that does web and graphics design ...BODMIN (an acronym) Board Of Digital & Multimedia Inventive Ninjas - Index

The site mostly focuses on Serif's Webplus software, but also looks at things like Adobe Muse, Xara, Macaw and other web and graphic design stuff.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

There is a lot of history in that little park across from Sarnia, (Pine Grove Park) still get a few keepers once in a while, but you will work for them! Hit it last week

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
BH Shooter II, AT Pro, Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at it and thought it was very nice,,, i like the stories about returning the rings to the owners. I like the layout. Like the link section...she did a good job.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thank you all. I forgot to mention that this is her very first website she has attempted. She is trying to learn and I thought I would help her by showing her work off. She really is trying hard. She is in college and working and has a baby.

Now if I can just get a hold of her to make some more changes!!

I appreciate all the input

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread