My Wensday hunt / I salute another hunter !

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had big plans for my wensday afterwork hunt . I had been given a tip to what turned out to be a beautiful old camping / partying area on a good sized wooded penninsulla on a local tidal stream . I was expecting a lot of junk and trash and was prepared for some difficult picking because of all the partying pull tabs . :P I found the site and my mouth started to water. There was an old picnic table on a nice flat sparsely wooded bench overlooking a sea of marsh grass following the stream toward the bay ! Then I spotted an old horseshoe stake and sure enough there was the second pin :hello2: . Hast to be some coins there I thought to myself . Where to start and how best to approach it ?? I started looking around a little more :o Something looked out of place. Then it hit me ??? There is no trash here ! No cans ! No Bottles ! No nothing ? No dig holes to be seen anywhere ! A really nice clean pretty spot ! I decided to see how trashy it was going to be near the picnic table . Nothing ! Dead silence in my headphones ? No pulltabs ? No screwtops ?? How can this be ?? :icon_scratch: Grid off the horseshoe pit next. Nothing ! A little Iron chatter here and there but that was it ! This place has been cleaned up in the ground too :dontknow: . In three and a half hours I dug only 7 pulltabs , only two screw caps and only 1 beer can top ! :hello2: :hello2: The person and or persons who metaldetected this site did a fabulous Job . I found no junk finds discarded back on to the site , :hello2: I take my hat off and salute :notworthy: whoever you are that cleaned up this site. I was able to run the tejon in all metal mode with hardly any junk to slow me down. They didn't leave much but I made a few deep findsThis way . Four early wheaties , 1916, 1923, 1928, and a no date, A no date buffalo as well . The junk ring . The nice skeleton key and a few other do dads ! Thanks for looking ! MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_2230.JPG
    IMG_2230.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_2231.JPG
    IMG_2231.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 724
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sure most of Tnet would have been surprised how clean it was too MR. I like that big old key. HH, Quindy.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
That's a refreshing post where someone actually did good!

I was at a beach in NJ in May where a lot of sand was taken away. Some of the other detectorists made it look like a minefield out there. I guess it was only until high tide, but it was still pretty unsightly.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A public place without pull tabs, now that is rare.

at least you did get a few things. I like finding live rounds (it is one ?) for me they are as rare as gold rings, and I have yet to find a skeleton key, making them even more rare than a gold ring, at least for me.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice key :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds Dave! :icon_thumright:

I love that "junk" ring, it's a beauty! :notworthy:

That skeleton key is nice too . . . sure wish I could find one some day! ;D

Happy hunting to you buddy
Dave

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
It's nice to have someone clean out the junk so you can find the good stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread