my xlt programs (trinity)

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
here are the three main programs I use.I do not consider them absolute or for everyone,they just
work for me in my area.some settings are for my preference like target volume.some others like
a.c. sensitivity can be adjusted but I usually let coil size determine depth,and an importance on stability
is maintained.any new users should always get to know the machine first in the field (using presets) and a thourough reading of the manual.any comments are welcome even accusations of me trying
too rob you of goodies :tongue3: .any dfx users adapting any of these programs to there machine
are especially welcome to comment.

programs
clad killer:this is good for quick cleanups of were that game of chance carnival booth that was there
the night before but moved on to another town.smooth silent search operation for modern clads and
nickels and some zinc penny's too.I did find a 14k men's wedding band in a tot lot with this but clad
is the main target.

standard search:old silver,gold jewelry,civil war new york militia button,can be had with this opened
up (disc) deep seeker.pay attention to signagraph,V.D.I #,audio in combination and learn what your
machine is telling you.I use the 8" and then the 6" coils around cellar holes,they really talk.lesche digger
recommended.

all metal search:that lost treasure tale or skirmish you just read about at the library's local history
section has your head swimming?the V.C.O. will come in handy at that old farmers field.you can
turn down the d.c. sensitivity to cherry pick square nails for that rusty diorama you are making.
vitamins,water,and a backhoe are recommended.

Attachments

• hiscanxlttrinity.jpg
    hiscanxlttrinity.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 487

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Thats 40 different things listed under basic adjustments. You could scare a newbie to death with that. LOL
Nice post though for XLT owners. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
thks tin nugget

yes these programs are for acquainted xlt owners.I manually detune for pinpointing while a new owner
may need the aid of ratchet pinpointing is one example.

the program clad killer (I) maybe a welcome addition too silent search users (ex tesoro silver Umax) with
the added benefit of notched discrimination.

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

y/w tymc

the heart of my standard search program is it's acceptance range and knowing what the machine tells you.
some may not have the stomach for it.let me know yay or nay if you try any of them thks.

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

sent.

use a smaller than stock coil and revisit a site.good luck and HH
let me know what you think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread