Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct.... It is all based on stories not evidence..

Source: https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...-the-evidence-they-left-or-didnt-leave-behind (Very interesting article)

It is almost beyond belief the amount of money and effort that have been put into looking for this "treasure" with NO EVIDENCE that even the pit itself existed...
Very true, Too much money, too many years and no treasures to be found by the brothers. Gave up watching the show many seasons ago. I will watch the recover on nightly news.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The IRS is American . I do not think it apply's to Canada maybe some other taxes

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... I wait to watch the recover on nightly news.

Which you might THINK , that the absence of such news, means "no treasure". Right ? But no. It will be "evidence" that the nightly news is in cahoots with the templars and jesuits, to either A) keep the treasure hidden, or B) keep the secret past-tense discovery hidden. So that it never makes the nightly news. Or it could mean: c) a little more to the right, a little more to the left, a little deeper, etc...

The "lack of evidence" (discovery) never means "lack of evidence".

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More great intesting comments from my very good friend. Keep up with your great comments.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe the treasure sank, it did that years ago to other treasure hunters. It could have moved off to the side like Tom in Cal suggests and be in Pennsylvania for all we know.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great comments, I have many good friends, but you two are my very best. I had missed all of you for three months last year for calling a member a liar, again for six months, just got back and I enjoy reading and writting comments. Let me know if you want my phone number and email address in PM.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the treasure sank, it did that years ago to other treasure hunters. It could have moved off to the side like Tom in Cal suggests and be in Pennsylvania for all we know.
Maybe one of our members searching for treasues in that state can search and recover it.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Great comments, I have many good friends, but you two are my very best. I had missed all of you for three months last year for calling a member a liar, again for six months, just got back and I enjoy reading and writting comments. Let me know if you want my phone number and email address in PM.

Just put your phone number on the restroom wall.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Just put your phone number on the restroom wall.

Couple of points: When "honest Samuel" alludes to his "friends", I believe he is alluding to the persons who can be PASSIONATE on a subjects. Even if he disagrees with them. And in that case, YES, we can respect those with differing views. That are fair to face-the-tough-questions the other side may pose. I mean, after -all, there wouldn't be any "forums" if there were nothing to discuss.

I, like him, find it fascinating to "know what makes the alternate view tick". So in that sense, it's refreshing if A) the skeptic look at believer's points , and B) the believer look at the skeptic's points. Each with reasonable answers to whatever objection is raised.

As for Samuel using the words "Liar" , etc... and airing his complaints on a hot-button thread (that shall remain nameless), that is where he makes a mistake. He means well, but there is other ways to put-in-one's views. And stay within the parameters (even if hypothetically biased) forum moderator rules. Sometimes: The mere fact of "planting a stone in someone's shoe", will serve to get other casual readers to sway-to your position. You don't always need to make them "cry uncle". I know Samuel meant well.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i dunno about that one. there was no way to document any early activity. when it comes to legends i need to see proof in hand myself. all i have seen here is that alot of people built tunnels deep underground to search for this legend. what they pull up seems to be trash that the searchers left down there. no reason to bring stuff back up after many failed attempts. me, i would dig a gigantic open pit like 200x 200 feet and finally open it up. i know you cannot but this is what i would do. the show is our only source of current information but it is very poorly presented. if i could not record it and fast forward i would not bother. freakin repeat history lesson every five minuites, as i said before, if there is something down there, it was not meant to be retrieved. they were afraid of what they hid. ya never know huh.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... when it comes to legends i need to see proof in hand myself.....

Well, yes .... there is "proof in hand". It's the legend itself. And unless you can DIS prove it, then ....... the legend stands. As the evidence and proof of itself. Right ? And the trick is: You can NEVER disprove it. Just as in : You can never disprove leprechauns. Because they hide and turn invisible when you go to shine the flashlight on them. Hence, you can't disprove leprechauns either.

Thus: A treasure must therefore exist. See the vicious circle ? :dontknow:

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can never disprove leprechauns. Because they hide and turn invisible when you go to shine the flashlight on them. Hence, you can't disprove leprechauns either.

There are thousands of stories out there of people coming in contact with leprechauns. If you don't believe the stories, then you are calling those people liars.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
There are thousands of stories out there of people coming in contact with leprechauns. If you don't believe the stories, then you are calling those people liars.

Nope. Not "lying". They sincerely believe they see leprechauns. Same for people who believe they were abducted by aliens, or saw Elvis Presley yesterday, or think they are Napoleon, etc... None of them is "lying". They are all quite sincere in their beliefs and statements.

"Mistaken" ? Yes. But "lying" ? No.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not really see how referring to loonies who think they see mythical creatures has anything to do with the money pit legend... What is amazing about this story is that people have been willing to invest substabtial amounts of money and time over 200+ years looking for 'treasure' even though no evidence of treasure has been found by the searchers..

This is why I personally find the old ladies (descendants) story credible. To me this explains why more people have been convinced to look.

But as Raparee said there is NO EVIDENCE that even the pit itself truly existed...

It is also amazing that some people still think there is a chance that treasure is still there... I would think if nothing else the Laginas have proved that all that exists under the ground in the money pit area is dirt, rocks, water and wood...

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you believe the Money Pit Hole never even existed that means you do not believe any of the original story about the 3 boys/guys/men digging to start with... Their hole was there. May or may not have or had treasure in it of course..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread