Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Of all the detectors you've owned, which one was (is) your favorite?

Don't forget to tell why...

My favorite was the Tejon but now has shifted to the Minelab Sovereign GT. As you can tell I'm not loyal to any one brand. ;)

The Sovereign is the deepest and most stable detector I've tried to date (since 1968).

I've finally stopped digging nails! Thank you Minelab!

Badger

Upvote 0

phantomx6

Greenie
Feb 16, 2006
Kansas City, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett GTA 500, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher CZ3D, Minelab Explorer SE, White DFX
I currently own a Minelab SE, Garrett 2500, White DFX, Fisher CZ3D, Tesoro Tiger Shark and Tesoro Vaquero. Each of them has it's own niche, and each is a favorite in the right setting. That said, for competition hunts, sand boxes and chip bark playgrounds -- the Vaquero wins hands down.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Depends on what I am hunting for. I have owned one of every thing and still have several.
If I had to have only one land detector it would be the DFX. It can be programed to do what ever
I want and the number and sizes of coils made for it top about any thing out there.

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro
The catalog for the D-Tex.... Man I have 2 of the machines sitting right in front of me ;D C and G Linx or Bobcat. Current Whites MXT and Tesoro Cibola and Vaquero would be my picks.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Allanw, I have fond memories of the C&G Bobcat. It was one fine little TR. I liked the weight too as it fit on your belt and you just slid the coil along the ground instead of holding it above.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the MINELAB SOVEREIGN GT...the reason is the iron mask & the diffrent tones ...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey that is my wife's name, just be careful where your putting your hands when you hold her. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread