National health care in america

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Just wanted to give my 2-cents here. I think the best solution is to somehow socialize health care for every american. I know there's both sides of the debate but I haven't been convinced the current system is the best system. But our current president is going to make matter's worse by mandating health care for all business. So if you run your own dvd rental or pet grooming store and only have 2 employee's be prepared to cover them with health care insurance.

What we need to do.

1. We need a system that doesn't discriminate, covers all americans, everyone chips in poor or rich.
2. We need it to be an a tax based system like social security.
3. We don't need corporations being burden down with massive health care coverages for their employees.

But here's a new twist for some who think UHC will be taking advantage of by freeloaders. Everytrip to the doctor's office will require $20.00 fee. But it all boils down to math money that goes in and money that goes out. Will the money that americans are putting in will match all the cost for the sick that goes to the hospital. So let's say americans didn't match what americans spent on health care. Let's say we're short by 2,000,000 big deal no need to panic and throw in the towel on UHC. We will evaluate cost of input and output during the year and things don't add up we just have a tv fund raiser so people can donate money that is needed to bring things back to par. Or option 2 we can start a national lottery that can partially pay into the healtch care system.

Another option to the healthcare system.
This is similiar to the current plan but we need to eliminate the 10-20% cost that is tossed on the sick. Let's say you have insurance. You pay 65.00 a week, 2,000 deductable and after all that the insurance will pay 80% so you're still left with the possibility of owing 10-15,000. What we need is health care accounts that is manditory for all. No more will someone be left still with overburden medical debt. It would be based on salery level and if you make such and such amount you will have 5,000 in your account and only have to pay premiums. Another words you make 20,000 a year it could be 50.00 a week plus 5,000 divided by 52 weeks not a penny more. 50,000 a year 60.00 a week and 7,500 divided by 52 weeks not a penny more.

Or we can just stick with the current system while 45 millions are not insured and people are losing their homes because of medical debt.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Actually, we have multi-national health care already in force.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions