Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Native copper (still in it's host rock) is know here, but not particular to this place...or none has been mentioned, So I though it pretty cool. Most of the rest are copper "boat nails" and some lead. Did get a very worn 5 cent Silver. Always nice to get.

Was waiting for ZDD to make his post. My NF target total for the day was about 40, a couple clad coins, and more nials not shown. A good group dig, always fun.

Attachments

• find14-03-01.JPG
    find14-03-01.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 96
  • find14-03-03.JPG
    find14-03-03.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 4

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
I guess u gotta start somewhere right?

You might not be digging the good stuff yet, but it's great to get out and get something in the pouch

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rick . Yup native copper , I have picked up over a dozen specimens over the last seven years . I am a little closer to the copper belt in the great lakes region than you are . The glaciers during the last ice age encroaching from the north scraped the ground to the bedrock in some areas and droped glacial till willy nilly everwhere it covered when it receded . A common find in the great lakes area . Which is where the ancient copper culture people mined copper. It is even possible to find a copper culture tool in this area which is just what one of my metal detectorist aquaintences did here in Maine . Finding a copper celt . Possibly dating to 8000BC . I believe this could have been picked up by the glaciers and droped in Maine . But who knows ? he did find it near the coast ! I posted an interesting link if you have the time or inclination to read it .copperculture MaineRelic

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess u gotta start somewhere right?

You might not be digging the good stuff yet, but it's great to get out and get something in the pouch

Yes, have to start somewhere.

I need to start slow anyway after 105 days off I'm pretty soft, dragging big winter boots through the mud wore me out but good. Should be able to get on land in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rick . Yup native copper , I have picked up over a dozen specimens over the last seven years . I am a little closer to the copper belt in the great lakes region than you are . The glaciers during the last ice age encroaching from the north scraped the ground to the bedrock in some areas and droped glacial till willy nilly everwhere it covered when it receded . A common find in the great lakes area . Which is where the ancient copper culture people mined copper. It is even possible to find a copper culture tool in this area which is just what one of my metal detectorist aquaintences did here in Maine . Finding a copper celt . Possibly dating to 8000BC . I believe this could have been picked up by the glaciers and droped in Maine . But who knows ? he did find it near the coast ! I posted an interesting link if you have the time or inclination to read it .copperculture MaineRelic

Thanks MR. I will read that. I did know of those big native copper deposits, I bought a rather large nugget awhile back...just because.

copper_nugget.JPG

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you got out bud. Soon all of our sites will be open to us

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was a good day to be out hunting Rick.

Was a lot of targets dug between the 3 of us on that piece of beach.....any one of them coulda very easily been something good like a button.

But luck wasn,t on our side.....always a pleasure to get out with you guys tho.!!

Like that copper nugget..pretty cool.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet copper nugget you found there:icon_thumleft:

Least you got the feel for diggin again,and exercise

Blaze

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time there Rick, maybe next time we will be in the fields.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread