"Natural" price of gold and silver?

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
"Natural" price of gold and silver?

OK.

Its pretty well proven that gold and silver have been manipulated since at least the late 1970's.

The cat is out of the bag and the scheme is out in the open for everyone to see. Already gold and silver are rising in price, and there is little in the way, at least in my opinion to stop PM's from rising precipitously in the next year or two.

Knowing what you know now, do you still think all those economists predicting 5000 an ounce gold were crazy?

With that said what about the old 15 to 1 ration of gold and silver prices?

If you think gold will go to 5000 an ounce soon then silver could conceivably go to 330 an ounce...

Personally I don't think it will go that high that fast. Just because the world knows what JP Morgan is doing, doesn't mean they wont stop doing it. I think that in 10 years though, PM's are going to be much more expensive than they are now, at least in dollar denominated terms.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: "Natural" price of gold and silver?

I think that if gold and silver get too high there will be a Government recall on it. Give it up or go to jail for ten years. :help:
HH
Rich

OP
OP
P

placerman

Oct 11, 2005

Rich Hartford said:
I think that if gold and silver get too high there will be a Government recall on it. Give it up or go to jail for ten years. :help:
HH
Rich

You may be right.

Personally I think the modern version of the 1933 gold confiscation will be Guaranteed Retirement Accounts.

Basically .gov will confiscate all retirement accounts, and replace them with GRA's, which will be completely invested in US treasuries. Instead of possibly losing money in stocks and commodities, you will receive a "guaranteed" return on your investment of 3% or 4% below the rate of inflation.

Oh and if you suddenly decide to not put any money into these retirement accounts they've got that covered too. You'll be required to put 5% of your pay in a GRA or face a fine equal to 5% of your income.

Basically its a 5% tax on income that they will say isn't a tax.

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009

I believe prices will rise. They should also rise in relation to the value of our currency, the U.S. dollar, as we become indebted to others (and not just since the Obama administration, check out the deficit as W left office). So I believe it would make sense to have some precious metals.

The concept that the Government would recall all silver and gold makes me laugh.

OWS :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

OP
OP
P

placerman

Oct 11, 2005

obsessedwithsilver said:
The concept that the Government would recall all silver and gold makes me laugh.

While it would be very difficult to enforce, don't think for a second that it hasn't and isn't being considered.

With that said, even if Americans owned all the gold and all the silver ever mined it wouldn't amount to a tenth of what is currently held in retirement accounts in the US.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

placerman said:
obsessedwithsilver said:

While it would be very difficult to enforce, don't think for a second that it hasn't and isn't being considered.

With that said, even if Americans owned all the gold and all the silver ever mined it wouldn't amount to a tenth of what is currently held in retirement accounts in the US.

I don't believe it would be difficult to enforce. It would be easy to enforce. The king could write an ex order saying search warrants are no longer necessary to enter someone's house to seize contraband gold.

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009

And so following this thinking they would have to hire thousands of workers to search out and collect these precious metals. How much do you think that would cost the government? I assume plenty of fools handed in their gold in the great depression on executive order. But I also suppose the companies that truly run this great country of ours may not want that to happen. Who you may ask? How about banks that rent safety deposit boxes, jewelry stores who sell pm's, coin dealers, gold and silver refineries, etc.

And if people don't give the pm's up they go to jail. Again more money for prisons, police, and courts. If you add it up it simply doesn't make sense on paper, even for you folks who fantasize that since Jan. '09 we no longer live in a democracy.

For those of you who actually believe this, here's new for you. Big Brother is a member of Tnet and will seize you box searchers first. If you truly believed all this you wouldn't be posting every ounce of silver you find. Come on now.

Too much hype for me.

OWS

OP
OP
P

placerman

Oct 11, 2005

obsessedwithsilver said:
And so following this thinking they would have to hire thousands of workers to search out and collect these precious metals. How much do you think that would cost the government? I assume plenty of fools handed in their gold in the great depression on executive order. But I also suppose the companies that truly run this great country of ours may not want that to happen. Who you may ask? How about banks that rent safety deposit boxes, jewelry stores who sell pm's, coin dealers, gold and silver refineries, etc.

And if people don't give the pm's up they go to jail. Again more money for prisons, police, and courts. If you add it up it simply doesn't make sense on paper, even for you folks who fantasize that since Jan. '09 we no longer live in a democracy.

For those of you who actually believe this, here's new for you. Big Brother is a member of Tnet and will seize you box searchers first. If you truly believed all this you wouldn't be posting every ounce of silver you find. Come on now.

Too much hype for me.

OWS

I think you are right.

It would be a logistical nightmare to try to confiscate gold and silver today.

However confiscation of retirement accounts could be accomplished with the stroke of a pen...

One day all these accounts are frozen, the next day they are all turned over to the US treasury.

Then everybody gets a GRA with the exact balance they used to have but invested solely in US government debt instruments. Heck, they might even put 120% of your 401k balance in your GRA account so nobody would complain. Of course with inflation you would be losing money from the get go, but meanwhile the government has an extra 7 plus Trillion dollars to play with.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Under this president anything is possible. "hope and change" >:(

golden silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread