Navigating the LR2000 page... instructions

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A long post... save it to your desktop for later reading:
Here's how I use the LR2000 page for research. Like I've said before, TimC is the EXPERT. I've learned this process from him.
GOOGLE up LR2000 (bookmark it) You will be directed to the BLM LR2000 home page.
Click RUN REPORTS. You will get a page that gives several choices.
Scroll down to PUB MC GEO REPORT (my caps).
Click on that choice (Pub MC Geo Report) . You will be directed to more choices.
Check Meridian Township Range Section.
Click Select Criteria box (at bottom of page). You have the page... Mandatory Criteria.
Click Set (Admin State). You now have a list of states. I will highlight AZ for instructional purposes.
Click Set (case disposition). Now I will select ACTIVE and CLOSED (only) on this page. You may select Active and closed if you like by dragging the cursor over both or hold down the CTRL key and click on both.
Click on Set Meridian Township Range Section. First click on Meridian. I will click in 14 - Gila-salt River Mer(for instruction).
Click on Township box and insert "10" for now.
Move right to find "direction" (any). Click here and select NORTH.
Move to Range box and enter "5". Move to direction and add WEST.
In the Section box add "23".
Move to "Add to MTR" (Meridian Township Range) box. It is highlighted in Forest green. When you click it, the info you added above will show up in the larger box below. Mine shows up as "14 0100N 0050W 023".
Click Run Report at the bottom of the page.
Your choices will show up and a box will show up with the choices you made.
Click "OK".
Now, your screen will seem to go blank for awhile (look on the URL line above)... the site is "crunching" your choices.
Several seconds later (be patient) a box will show up saying something like "Query in progress.Please wait...".
Several seconds later VIOLA! You get a list of the ACTIVE and CLOSED claims in section 23 above Stanton, AZ! There are more than 1 page of listings (see the 1 of ? top right?).
Click on the PAGE DOWN function AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE (not your PGDN/PAUSE key).
Now you will see that there are 5 pages to look at and play with. The CASE TYPE number(s) mean 384101=lode and 384201=placer. The reason section 23 has MANY more lode claims than placer is because it is a VERY rugged piece of land. Placers are more prevelent south of Stanton. Now, swap out the section numbers for other areas around Stanton to see what you get. Plug the claim name and/or owner name into the Yavapai County, AZ website I listed in another post to see exactley where they are located. A long post, to be sure! Save it to your desktop till you are comfortable with the searches. MANY more types of searches are possible using these two tools. I hope I did these instructions right. ENJOY! TTC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must enter the Township and Range number as a three digit number such as, Township 12s would be 012s the LR2000 adds the fourth digit for you so it should end up looking like this 0120s. If you have a Range of 6w you would have to enter it as 006w, and it would end up as 0060w.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry.... line 13 does not end in 012... should be 023 (typo).(I edited it. now correct) TTC

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You must enter the Township and Range number as a three digit number such as, Township 12s would be 012s the LR2000 adds the fourth digit for you so it should end up looking like this 0120s. If you have a Range of 6w you would have to enter it as 006w, and it would end up as 0060w.
Jog, I bet you can enter it both ways. I just enter 10 (then north) and 5 (then WEST). It will work like that... or yours and probably other ways. I put the instructions together as simply as I could without blistering my fingers! Take care. TTC

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the way its done, boys and girls - Thanks for posting, TerryC. Then a trip to county recorders office (except terry's co. which is online)

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats the way its done, boys and girls - Thanks for posting, TerryC. Then a trip to county recorders office (except terry's co. which is online)
Tnx for the clarification, Fullpan. AZ is VERY miner-friendly... and heads-up above some other states. TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is there a map that shows all of these townships and so forth by state? The only thing I dont understand is how to interpret that info. Using the grids on most maps made way too much sense I guess and the BLM put the kibosh on it? LOL

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there a map that shows all of these townships and so forth by state? The only thing I dont understand is how to interpret that info. Using the grids on most maps made way too much sense I guess and the BLM put the kibosh on it? LOL
Doit, Using Internet Explorer, I click on Google. In the search box, enter PLSS IN GOOGLE EARTH you will get some choices. Click on the site that says plss in google earth. You will be sent to a sight that is headed "Earth Survey". In the lined box at the top of the page is the words... download PLSGE (PLSGE is underlined). Click on PLSGE. A box will appear. Click open.You now should have a copy of Google Earth showing up on your computor. The index on the left side of Google Earth will now have TOWNSHIPS added as a choice of the overlays (scroll down to see it). Check that bullet to have GE show you Sections, Townships, and Ranges. You have to zoom-in close enough to see seperate towns to see this overlay. If my instructions are right, I think I answered your question. TTC

Last edited:

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you had me at DoIt... LOL Thank you. Your da MAN!!

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doit, Using Internet Explorer, I click on Google. In the search box, enter PLSS IN GOOGLE EARTH you will get some choices. Click on the site that says plss in google earth. You will be sent to a sight that is headed "Earth Survey". In the lined box at the top of the page is the words... download PLSGE (PLSGE is underlined). Click on PLSGE. A box will appear. Click open.You now should have a copy of Google Earth showing up on your computor. The index on the left side of Google Earth will now have TOWNSHIPS added as a choice of the overlays (scroll down to see it). Check that bullet to have GE show you Sections, Townships, and Ranges. You have to zoom-in close enough to see seperate towns to see this overlay. If my instructions are right, I think I answered your question. TTC

Man, I really appreciate your info here. out of all the areas I plan on highbanking I only found one mining claim that was started in 1945. I cant believe it either cuz its on farmground and the only water in the area is a canal. LOL I wasnt going to hit that area anyway. Google earth and TerryC are the bomb!!!

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dudes, I had to bump this to the top of the list because it is such a helpful post. I just used it again today.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im bumping this back to the TOP. TerryC this has been one of the most helpful threads I have encountered. If you have any question on how to determine whether or not the area you are prospecting is claimed, this is the thread for you.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Your instructions were alot easier than the trial and error I went through, thanks.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just copied all the info. into word for future reference. Not having the time to spend in TN like I want due to my brother I figure I better get it now before its buried again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread