Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kenb said:
Heres an account that lists a partial inventory of the Nazi treasure captured in the Merkers mine. Check out the link and read the whole story. The only reason I could see them hiding treasure in the US would be for operations planed here. They certanly had plenty of gold on hand.

"In order to examine the contents, some of the seals on the bags were broken, and a partial inventory was made. The inventory indicated that there were 8,198 bars of gold bullion; 55 boxes of crated gold bullion; hundreds of bags of gold items; over 1,300 bags of gold Reichsmarks, British gold pounds, and French gold francs; 711 bags of American twenty-dollar gold pieces; hundreds of bags of gold and silver coins; hundreds of bags of foreign currency; 9 bags of valuable coins; 2,380 bags and 1,300 boxes of Reichsmarks (2.76 billion Reichsmarks); 20 silver bars; 40 bags containing silver bars; 63 boxes and 55 bags of silver plate; 1 bag containing six platinum bars; and 110 bags from various countries.(22)"

http://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/1999/spring/nazi-gold-merkers-mine-treasure.html

kenb

What happen to all the loot ???

PLL

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
boogeyman said:
Anyone think the cache could be related to the internment camps located in Arizona? Maybe compadres stashing stuff for an escape :icon_scratch:
good idea. But the way that I understood it was that interment camps were for the american/Japanese people that were born in the U.S. and P.o.W. camps were for the Germans and other allies fighting against us.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
boogeyman said:
Ooooopps! Right idea, wrong term. Hey, my coffee gauge was on empty give the poor jarhead a break ;D ;D
:sad11:this is the best that I can do. LOL Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee2:

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, Gold Needle, it would be easier and more enoyable to get to places and dig up and pan the creeks,
than fidling with agents, conspiracies, Phostoxins and ZycklonBs.

Happy New Year,
Digman

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
pegleglooker said:
kenb said:
Heres an account that lists a partial inventory of the Nazi treasure captured in the Merkers mine. Check out the link and read the whole story. The only reason I could see them hiding treasure in the US would be for operations planed here. They certanly had plenty of gold on hand.

"In order to examine the contents, some of the seals on the bags were broken, and a partial inventory was made. The inventory indicated that there were 8,198 bars of gold bullion; 55 boxes of crated gold bullion; hundreds of bags of gold items; over 1,300 bags of gold Reichsmarks, British gold pounds, and French gold francs; 711 bags of American twenty-dollar gold pieces; hundreds of bags of gold and silver coins; hundreds of bags of foreign currency; 9 bags of valuable coins; 2,380 bags and 1,300 boxes of Reichsmarks (2.76 billion Reichsmarks); 20 silver bars; 40 bags containing silver bars; 63 boxes and 55 bags of silver plate; 1 bag containing six platinum bars; and 110 bags from various countries.(22)"

http://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/1999/spring/nazi-gold-merkers-mine-treasure.html

kenb

What happen to all the loot ???

PLL

PLL, Merkers is in Austria and the salt mine was captured and liberated by American troops. All of that stuff was turned over to an international outfit that sorted out who owned it and where it goes. A lot of the art work could not be returned because the owners were murdered by the nazis. Gold deposits of german banks were known who owned them but were generally seized to pay war reparations. sioegfried schlagrule

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I'm only cutting back on politics forum. I'll be here on tnet until
they shut down or kick me out. Who knows maybe i'll hit another
big one and buy 49% of the joint. siegfried schlagrule

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
During World War II, there were around 350,000 German, 50,000 Italian,
and 5,000 Japanese POWS in camps in the US, including some in Arizona.

However, the POWs were thoroughly searched in Europe before being sent
to the US, so they would not have been able to bring much treasure to the US.

:)

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
Gold_Needle said:
Yes, I did a double take on that when I read the story on www.losttreasure.com but I am so curious I have to ask...

Does anyone know of an account or anything about Nazis in WWII doing things in Arizona that could possibly be related to a hidden treasure.

Here is a copy of what I read:

$300,000 — Nazi World War II Treasure in the area near Chloride, Arizona, somewhere between Yuma and Lukeville in either Yuma or Ajo County.
Comment: It is difficult to believe the German War Machine would have had the unmitigated gall to stash their wealth here in the Arizona desert country, and with a war going on, too. The Nazi treasure is supposed to have been composed of millions worth of treasure they took in Europe during World War II. A similar war time cache is also known to have been unearthed near Lima, Peru.

Thank you for reading this and if you know of anything for sharing it.

Oh, and I already own enough swampland and also the Golden Gate bridge ::) so dont need any more of that stuff. The guy said it was made of solid gold... :o

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
Gold_Needle said:
Yes, I did a double take on that when I read the story on www.losttreasure.com but I am so curious I have to ask...

Does anyone know of an account or anything about Nazis in WWII doing things in Arizona that could possibly be related to a hidden treasure.

Here is a copy of what I read:

$300,000 — Nazi World War II Treasure in the area near Chloride, Arizona, somewhere between Yuma and Lukeville in either Yuma or Ajo County.
Comment: It is difficult to believe the German War Machine would have had the unmitigated gall to stash their wealth here in the Arizona desert country, and with a war going on, too. The Nazi treasure is supposed to have been composed of millions worth of treasure they took in Europe during World War II. A similar war time cache is also known to have been unearthed near Lima, Peru. [/colo

Thank you for reading this and if you know of anything for sharing it.
The only question I have about this story is Chloride is Noth of Kingman, not anywhere near Yuma. Cg Sorry about double Post
Oh, and I already own enough swampland and also the Golden Gate bridge ::) so dont need any more of that stuff. The guy said it was made of solid gold... :o

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
BADWOLF said:
Never hear that story, but I did hear of a Nazi cache of several truck loads of gold artifacts the nazis melted down into the shape of auto parts then convoyed the shipment in several trucks to the Adirondack Mountains in New York. There were even witnesses that saw the convoy of rucks disappear down an old dirt road toward the mountains.
i live at the foothills of the adirondacks. do you remember where you read or heard the story?

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
I would look at any ole ghosttown that was close to the border. not on the border. But real close. I would locate it in a ghosttown that no one had been to for years. just my 2cents. plain ole Buck.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading somewhere that the Nazi troops that were brought here to the states we from early on in the war and all were captured in North Africa. Here in Chicago there was a POW camp that had something like 20 soldiers guarding like 200 POW's. It started out as a CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) camp. I have hunted that site many times and never found anything but I have friends that found some old Rich Marks. After the government shut it down it was converted into a boy scouts camp and was in use all the way up to the 70's so anything good is buried under tons of aluminium foil and other garbage.

here is an incomplete list of the POW camps that were here in the USA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_POW_camps_in_the_United_States

Some of the good POW's were even allowed to leave the camp and work at a local farm/green house picking flowers, here is a link to the green houses website, they mention that they employed them (super cheap labor).
http://www.pesches.com/aboutus/index.php

Do a quick search, you may be suprised to find out that there was a POW camp close to you... :o

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
How do we know that it was not brought to az before the war. Hilter was in power in the early 30's. Maybe after WW1? maybe some rich anti-american group acting in Hilter behalf was stashing it here? this my 2 cents noting more. Plain ole Buck

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
TreasureFiend said:
Do a quick search, you may be suprised to find out that there was a POW camp close to you... :o

My Grandpa was in charge of a large group of POWs.
They built the tree nursey at Monument CO.

Note]... Not one atempted escape. After the war, all but two out of 33 applied for citizenship.
They joined the Forest service.
LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions