Nearly Died Today

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see you made it. My neighbor wasn't so lucky. He got hit by a large limb that fell while he was cutting it with a pole saw. Knocked him right on the head from about 10 feet. Saw him a couple of weeks later and he was standing in front of me talking. He is a close talker. I hate that. Anyway. As he was running his mouth I started thinking that this guy has gone crazy since his bump on the noggin, because, I was looking right at him and he was missing the the right lens from his eyeglasses!!! He didn't even know it!! OMG I ALMOST LAUGHED IN HIS FACE!!!!! It was toooooo funny...

Anyway. I was telling my neighbor about it and he said, "oh he has a glass eye. You didn't know that?"

Now why the heck would I know that? I don't sleep with him and I only see him twice a year or so. The guy is a menace to himself. It's good for a laugh.....

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
A couple of years ago, a friend of mine who is a woodcutter got grazed by a falling branch about 8" in diameter. he had just dropped a tree and was walking back to where his tools were for his other saw, and heard a crack. He said he looked up, saw a flash of movement and dove out of the way. The jagged end of the 8" branch struck him about 2 inches to the right of his neck on the back of his shoulder and cut a furrow down his back all the way to his ass. It peeled the skin of his back like a potato peeler. cut a gouge almost 3 inches wide and right down to the muscle the length of his back. The EMT's and police who were on scene said that if he had waited 1/2 second longer before diving out of the way, it would have struck him right on top of the head. The jagged end stuck into the ground almost a foot deep.

I'm no stranger to seeing scars and bloody injuries (I'm an attorney with EMT training), but when i saw the photos, it made ME cringe. I've seen the scars up close a few times, and every time i see them, my skin crawls, i get goosebumps, and can't help but think that this guy either had an angel sitting on his shoulder or is the luckiest man in the world.

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang...good thing you got out of the way.......I hate those kind of moments when somethin like that is happening and it takes u a while to move, but usually it works out

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys :)

Those sharks make for good eatting .... mmm yum

Bobby, I didn't really mind it ... it was rather exciting ...however I wouldn't like to do it again lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread