Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a base today that is closing for good in December ,with a crew to scavenge for tools ,parts ect that we could make use of. The base was aGerman train station and repair depot during the war. Hanging from the wall was a large crude looking bell that was painted red and said ring in case of fire. The superintendent said it was a WW2 bomb? cut in half to make a bell which was going to be thrown away after the base closure.He said the only reason it is still there is no one wants to try to move it. I asked if I could have it and he said sure if you can get it down. I quickly found a forklift and got some help and got it down from the wall. When I looked around I saw there was quite an audience watching . I put it in the back of the truck and brought it back to the shop . The main problem? is the thing weighs about 200 pounds and it will be hard to get back to the states.I will figure something out. I do not have any pictures because the? bell is at workand I did not have a camera with me..I also need to make sure that it is 100% OK for me to take it home.It should not be a problem. I hope I can put some Pics up in the next week or so. It is not very pretty but I think it is a neat piece of history. HH I added a couple of pictures,like I said ,not the prettiest thing around. The pics might not look like much but so far,it has gotten quight popular.People have been showing up all day to check it out.Hope pics turn out ok.HH

Attachments

• CIMG0017.JPG
    CIMG0017.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 498
  • CIMG0019.JPG
    CIMG0019.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 503
  • CIMG0020.JPG
    CIMG0020.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 505
  • CIMG0021.JPG
    CIMG0021.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 504
Upvote 0
OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should be able to have it shipped but my wife thinks it is hideous.That was to be expected. I told her we just have to get ride of around 200 pounds of junk ,like furniture,books, pots and pans then we can have it shipped for free. ;)She has not said much since then so I am bracing for shock. I also told her it would look good in the living room.LoL Thanks for all the comments .Good luck and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread