cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell SIM cards on ebay. For months I have been getting 4-5 orders a week. But about 3 weeks ago they just stopped. I got one order yesterday. I always have 12 auctions going as BIN 30 day and when the 30 day is up they automatically renew. So I have built up some nice hit and watcher counts.

I am just wondering if ebay is starting to give preference (when a search is made) to sellers that put up new auctions compared to auctions that never end.

Can I ask some of you guys/gals to put in a few key words and see if you can find my actions?

SIM CARDS
SIM CARDS BULK
SIM CARDS GOLD RECOVERY

To make it easier I only use two main photos. The treasure chest on 4 and the other on 8 auctions.
Two weeks ago I doubled the qty of SIMS (with no price change) and just that one order. I also need to see if the competition is is just undercutting me. (my ebay name is the-howto-guy)

Attachments

• 747532872_o.jpg
    747532872_o.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 711094965_o.jpg
    711094965_o.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 86

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plugged in SIM CARDS GOLD RECOVERY in ebay, with search set to best match, and I saw your treasure chest auction at about 10 posts down.

:)

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were 9th on the list with a best match search for SIM CARDS GOLD RECOVERY, searching all of ebay.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya all.. I could always find my items, but I figuered ebay knew I was looking so it showed mine up top. So I am not being forced down the list. Maybe I just need to re-evaluate my prices? When I started listing I had pretty good prices and made a fair profit so now people are just undercutting each other.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you are up towards the top of the list, about 5 down for me. I have had the same issue; even called ebay and they said, "oh well, let's see here, oh there it is", and then it magically showed up. I don't know what the deal is with that.

bede2691

Jan 19, 2011
Central Illinois
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didnt see you in the top 200 in the first two searches but you were 10 and 17 on the last with recovery in the search

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread