Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Smilodon said:
I have a minelab Excalibur but cannot find the headband part that holds the earmuffs together. Cant find it anywhere, called Minelab and even stopped by thier office and the said the no longer carry this part. Does anyone know where I can get one?
They still make the Excalibur so you would think they would still carry the part???..................That don't sound right don't carry the part for a detector they still make......... That's the kind of thing that keeps me from wanting to get any more Minelabs.........

OP
OP
Smilodon

Smilodon

Apr 4, 2011
Charleston sc
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Hello, It is the Minelab Excalibur I the older model. I still cannot believe they did not carry this part. I love the Minelabs but the service sucks. I also have two Sovereigns, The Gt and the older model. I was told on the phone they no longer carried the battery holder, although when I went to their office they had one in stock. I also sent my GT back for warranty work, they sent it back without fixing the threshold problem two months later. I love the machines but will have to look for a more reliable company. I hope there is someone out there who can find the headphone part, cant use it without it.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe cheaper to get a set of Peltor 105 Earmuffs, with a DB rating of 30, instead of the weak 12 DB of the stock. Easily done, Cut the transducers out of the stock Yellows and put them in the Peltors. A great improvement allowing less ambient noise.There are 3 things you can do to the Excalibur to improve it, A strait shaft, peltors, and the remote PP.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1452555

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been useing Minelab detectors since 1992........... And at one time they had great service........... But there service went down hill so fast i will not buy a Minelab detector now............... And that is a sad thing for they make some of the best detectors out there............... But at this time they don't seem to care for the customer at this time........I guess it is the so called big wigs that set up in there ivory tower and say ............... Don't make parts for the detectors when they break make them buy a new detector don't make repair parts for the one they have........ It's not the dealers the dealers are great..................It is the :nono: upper management.... But that is what happens when a co. gets to big......

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
See if Minelab can provide a complete, compatible headset only, and solder that baby up yourself. Gob the snot out of the connections with silicone rtv, and you are off and running. No rocket science here. Try the guys that make a business out of fixing all brands, they are out there and I am sure they can hook you up with the goods that you need to get that machine working again. Good luck Smilodon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread