Last edited:

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard of it yes never used one though, maybe try it out see how it does then modify it with all v matting

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
howdy folks,
I just got a deal on jobe folding sluice. Has anyone used one of these? The rubber rib section seems short and the carpet under the riffles seems thin. So I was wondering if I should mod this box or leave it alone? All the AU here in Montana is super fine. Thanks for any ideas.

I had a newbe with me once last year had one. It worked pretty good but you need to watch where the two haves close when folded out. It doesn't seal real good and will suck gold out through the joint. He ran some duct tape across the underside to close the gap.
Good Luck

B H Prospector

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one and it works ok for big gold but not so good for the fines. It does leak at the folds and the riffles are small and load up fast. I modified it with more rib matting, thicker carpet, sealed the folds and took the expanded metal out. The expanded metal lets water under the riffles washing out the heavies that accumulate. Either use the riffles or the expanded metal so I have one section of riffles and carpet and the other expanded metal and carpet. I'm working on making the riffles a little taller and different shapes. The other thing is dump it into a 5 gal. bucket often, even if you get a little more material in your cons you will also get more fine gold. Just look at the riffles and when they are loaded, dump it and wash as much as you can off and start again. I only take it apart at the end of the day to clean out any trapped gold. I made my own dip box which catches 98%, it's slower but worth it.
Good luck. Edson

Last edited:

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Speaking of folding sluices has any body used a Keene's A52P, I saw one at my local sporting goods store.

Gramps

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Royal folding sluice and sometimes it's a pain. Keeping it straight and tight can be a chore. But, carrying it is convenient. There are trade offs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions