SDiver40

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2007
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tarheel, Looks like he has good selection and decent prices. I'll have to check out the store soon.

OP
OP
S

SDiver40

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2007
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just in case anyone is interested. I found a fairly new place in Monroe nc. That sales panning and sluice supplies.
Goldrushcarolinas.com
He didn't have a huge selection but had most of the basics on hand. I picked up a royal sluice before I left.

...........Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May check it out but you can build your own fairy inexpensively

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fewer the parts the better. I own a Keene A52 but I do not like messing with the carpet and taking the riffles in and out. The "newer" drop riffle units from Angus MacKirk, CASluicebox Co and others clean up so easy! Good Success with your hunting........63bkpkr

Also, look at some of my posts/responses back in 2010 in the Slucing area as kind folks on this site sent in many useful inputs, even a video.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, go grab a modern one piece, drop riffle sluice. I run an angus mckirk and love how light, easy and forgivingly effective it is!

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Angus MacKirk has my vote. I run a Eureka sluice on my classifer dredge. The other "designs" are same old, same old, complete with add-ons to hide or announce their engineering shortfalls. Or maybe it's just the extra money for matts, carpets, and moss that they extract from you down the line... after they sell you same old.

Best of luck

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Have there been tests of the drop riffle (rounded corners) sluice and the hungarian riffle sluice?
I mean same stuff through both.
Grey

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised no one mentioned the "Le Trap" one piece sluice.........

LE-TRAP-5106.jpg

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Goodguy, thats what I meant about rounded riffles.
Wonder if there has been a comparison of those and the back shaped riffles like hungarian.
Everyone knows the plastic things are light, easy to clean up, and durable.
But do the really work better on catching fine gold?
I would like to see a test.
Then there are the straight drop riffles with sharp edges.
Like Astro made.

Grey

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NUTTN' FINER THAN LE TRAP AS GOOD FOR POUNDAGE-TONS A AU 2 U2 -John and no I don't sell just 56+ years of gold grubbn'

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The fewer the parts the better. I own a Keene A52 but I do not like messing with the carpet and taking the riffles in and out. The "newer" drop riffle units from Angus MacKirk, CASluicebox Co and others clean up so easy! Good Success with your hunting........63bkpkr

Also, look at some of my posts/responses back in 2010 in the Slucing area as kind folks on this site sent in many useful inputs, even a video.
To be fair to the A52 ; you don't have to use the carpet , you don't have to use the riffles .
It is a good aluminum substructure that is adaptable friendly . It is a good size unit in the
field ( with flare ) . I have used the flare on both ends of one at the same time .

It is a good unit right out of the box as well . Not saying others don't get the job done .
The fact is the job of the sluice just ain't that damn complicated . I will say this , if your
look'n to buy a ready made sluice you can't buy any better overall than the A52 as a base
unit . I will set up an A52 my way against any other sluice of the same size or smaller with
a measured amount of naked eye fine gold mixed into any type material of the opponents
( manufacturers ) choice . If they can get more back than I do I will buy their product on
the spot plus a hundred bucs . I will of course be shooting my own video as they shoot
theirs.

sluice003-1.jpg

sluice001-1.jpg

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm happy with my A-52 ...... I've got three sets of riffles for it, (stock, Clarkson, and drop) sometimes use no riffles just a vortex mat, sometimes just the ribbed mat, sometimes with ribbed mat under miners moss with expanded metal on top under the riffles or any combination thereof. Just depends on the material being run and the circumstances.

I use it with my high banker, my trommel, and my 2-1/2" mini dredge and sometimes just by itself as a hand sluice. Yep it's adaptable alright!

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread