Need a tool ?

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
Need a tool, I may have one for the job! These are a few of my same site finds , I have been searching this year.. Can't even tell you how many miles of walking I've done to find all of these..and my word of advice , don't never let anyone tell you a place has been hunted out! This proves them wrong !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    582.2 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
You have found lots of awesome point and tools in that field. Thanks for sharing.

Every year something new turns up. My dream is that one fresh field turned for the first tome with modern equipment. Nice frames…

Maybe they told you that hoping you wouldnt go and look. You have found some really nice things.

True, I want to explorer them woods very soon ..something's telling me I need to check out the woods next to this site..right on the edge of the woods near the worked up ground there is flakes everywhere! So I'm thinking from there right up to the spring is were in need to start ...

Awesome collection and nicely displayed too! I'm thinking it would be very difficult to "hunt out a site" when you think about how many people must have lived there over time, all the generations, there's got to be tons more to find.

Thanks , I removed the knives today . Each time I go out I'm able to fill the frame with points . Think I'll make a frame for small tools such as knifes/scrapers etc.. I was wondering how I would find out what indians/ tribes these came from, i do believe different time frames by the different material I'm finding. Think I may visit the local library . I would like to know a little more about the history behind all of these..

Thanks, I know for a fact that place is loaded with stuff.. I wanna explore the rest of the 154 acres very soon! The river wraps almost like horseshoe all around this land.. Perfect in my book..

The library is a great place to start. Have you tried a local museum? I've been hitting brick walls on my area too and did get to talk to an archeologist involved with a site across the county. He told me I had 3 time periods in my spot by looking a the shards and the few points/tools I had. He also said he didn't have any documentation on my area and thinking he didn't have any idea it existed on my side of the county. My thoughts are that on the other side of the county there is so much of the Mississippian time period they find it easy to get stuck in that loop and are missing the boat on the older time periods and that's the ones I have stuff from. When you find out be sure and keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back