OP
F

fireman803

Greenie
Jan 31, 2013
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh I feel like a idiot now thanks. I thought it might be a MD specific site.... You guys must hate answering the same rookie questions over &over again. Thanks Again

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a lot better off buying a good used detector than a bongo deal...... Check out the detectors for sale here used, talk to the seller, most will even give you references from here...... I have owned 12 detectors (I like to play with them see how they operate) and I still owned 5, I only bought 2 of them new and still own one, the Minelab Sovereign GT I bought new...... I have bought 10 used, and every one was in good working order when I received it.........

There are some good dealers here as well so don't be afraid to check out our dealers or our used detectors....

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
You are a lot better off buying a good used detector than a bongo deal...... Check out the detectors for sale here used, talk to the seller, most will even give you references from here...... I have owned 12 detectors (I like to play with them see how they operate) and I still owned 5, I only bought 2 of them new and still own one, the Minelab Sovereign GT I bought new...... I have bought 10 used, and every one was in good working order when I received it.........

There are some good dealers here as well so don't be afraid to check out our dealers or our used detectors....

I agree, buying a top machine used is far better than the new mid-priced machines. You can't beat a good used Sovereign GT. HD

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The At Pro will work for what you need. It will work in the saltwater and on land. There are deeper machines for saltwater use, but with your budget, the At Pro would be a good choice. I have used mine on beaches in FL, TX and SC. If you find some heavy mineralized sand causing chatter, you can always turn the sensitivity back a notch or two.

Wayne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread