Need advice on finding a lost wedding ring

J

jd-in-va

Does anyone have advice on finding knowledgeable folks to help recover lost items -- specifically, a wedding ring lost in shallow, but muddy water in Northern Virgina? I'm about ready to buy the equipment myself to at least try a recovery effort, but I'm sure I'd have more luck working with someone who knew what they were doing. Any advice appreciated -- thanks!

Upvote 0
T

Traveler

try an find a local MD club, either they could help or point you to someone.

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you do it on your own, be sure to do it in grids or paths, don't just wander around with a detector on. Make sure each path overlaps the other and take your time. You can use a couple stakes to mark your paths. Just move them over after each path. Good luck.

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
8) IF YOU DO IT YOURSELF;MAKE SURE YOU USE ALL-METAL MODE-IF YOU USE TOO MUCH DISCRIMINATION,YOU WONT FIND THAT RING;JUST BE PREPARED TO DIG EVERYTHING YOU FIND!!! ;D

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Find someone with a underwater metal detector and a gold suction dredge. It'll make recover real quick.

OP
OP
J

jd-in-va

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the advice and help. I'm very happy to report that, through the local Northern Virginia club, we found two very generous souls who were willing to go out and take a look -- and they found it! It's a very happy ending. Thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions