Need Evaluation

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty, the 12 inch coil for the ACE 250 naturally covers more ground but it can hardly get deeper as the 250 in not able to GB. That almost makes the 12 incher moot. For shallow targets and covering the ground quickly, it's ok.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old post, but I have since got the larger coil. I find it hard to pinpoint and deeper? I doubt it. I have dug some 9" targets with my ACE and standard coil. That's abut as far as I can dig in this hard ground around here anyway. Thanks. Monty

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the larger coils see more ground and that means it has to over come the matrix and "see" the target in all those minerals. But the advantage in just covering more cubic inches is worth it I believe.

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Monty, I use the 12" coil almost exclusively and run my Ace in jewelry mode mostly. Course, I pretty much stick to coin shooting and jewelry hunting, but I love the big coil. Yep, it covers more ground quicker. Deeper? Well, since most things I find are 4" or less, it doesn't really matter to me. (Please don't tell me I'm missing most of the old stuff!! LOLOL)

I was thinking just last week, I could now justify going out and getting a better (for better, read more $$$$) detector, but my Ace suits me just fine, so I figure I'll hang on to it for a looooonnggg time!

HH, ya'll!
Kajun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread