Need Florida T-net peoples help!~

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
I need you Florida people's help. My family and I want to go on vacation in Florida and enjoy a quiet beach front place somewhere for a week in August of this year. My family, my mother and father in law, and two of our good friends all want to go together. A total of 6 adults and three children 2, 3, and 10 years old. Where would you recomend? I have looked and am looking around on the internet but there is a bewildering array of choices. All I can say for sure is that I would like a quiet stretch of beach and would prefer a house over a condo but nothing is out of the question. I would like to keep the cost of the rental to 1500 or less for the week if possible... what do you guys think? Any ideas? Also, any place that would be beach hunting/detecting friendly would be a great bonus!!!! Thanks in advance for any help.. If anybody wants to trade houses to come up to the Wisconsin north woods for a week in August let me know.

OP
OP
Cannonman17

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Thanks Gypsyheart, that was kind of you. I've been going through so many of them that they are starting to all look alike... time for a break.

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
Since the Treasure Coast seems to be covered up anyway I would reccomend Venice Beach on the Gulf Coast. You can take the family to Caspersen (not developed and not so crowded) and pick up shark's teeth. It's a short drive to Sarasota/ Bradenton beaches, lots of people and chances to beach hunt. Tampa Bay is an hour ( to an hour and a half) away so you've got Bush Gardens or you can be in Orlando in around 3 hours. Venice is a quiet place with lots of shops and pretty good restauraunts, kinda of a taste of 'old Florida'. If you decide on the Gulf Coast let me know, I am familiar with several places around there (look up Cortez Florida), there is a lot of history here and 'tales of buried treasure' ;).

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearwater beach. Close enough to Busch Gardens, Florida Aquarium, etc. If you're sticking to the beach, you've got parasailing, jet ski rental. It's worth checking out, but I'm a little biased. I don't have any links for you , just ideas.

OP
OP
Cannonman17

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Thanks guys. My wife and I (as well as those going with us) aren't planning on too much of the tourist stuff, no Disney trip, too much money. We are planning more on relaxing and playing on the beach, eating good food, and just being lazy/comfortable for a few days. I think we are going to stick to the Gulf side, little warmer water... Kevino- looking for sharks teeth would be SOO cool, my son would REALLY REALLY dig that!! I am going to take that into serious consideration. In fact, if I can find a reasonable rental near there I may have just found what I've been looking for! St. George looks great too, so do the Keys... man, lot's of nice stuff down there, I just want to steer clear of the crowds a little bit..

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
If you want to avoid the crowds then Venice is the place, sorry Willie but Clearwater is a constant 'springbreak', if it wasn't for Sky Line Chile and the beach hunting I would never drive over.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
perdido key, between pensacola fla and gulf shores ala....good sized nature preserve type park there....not too far from ft morgan,,,none of the myrtle beach/daytona crowds/bull.. and if they have rebuilt the flora-bama lounge you will love the nightlife....if they haven't a bar called live bait will give you some fun............spent many months here in 97 and again in 04.........gldhntr

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Not sure if your still looking but Venice area is very nice. My parents live just south in Englewood and if you want to find sharks teeth thats the place. It's actually pretty easy the small ones are everywhere. If your just looking for someplace quite and beautiful, here's where we used to go every year. I have to warn you the nearest store is probably 20 miles away in Marrathon.
http://www.limetreebayresort.com/index.html
I think some of the larger rooms will fit your needs. Nearest beach is Bahia Honda, I'm not exactly sure how far it is but it's a little ways.

Good Luck and HH

BADDOG

kdfritton

Jun 12, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites MXT
Hey: I would suggest Sebastion inlet area. You can detect south of there for spanish stuff and Sebastion is quite nice. also you can drive up to winter springs and visit Kellyco Detectore superstore while your here. I like Sebastion during the week but not the weekend. to crowded then. Nice sunsets and plenty to do....doggydan

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
We go to Anna Marie Island every year. Prices are very reasonable right on the beach in the summer and it is very quiet. Lots of beach to detect for miles. I've used several agents there and know there area well if you want to email me for more info.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cannonman17 said:
... man, lot's of nice stuff down there, I just want to steer clear of the crowds a little bit..
The Treasure Beaches are never really crowded. The crowds are further South. August is very hot and humid but being the off-season for tourism, prices should be good with many vacancies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread