Need gold prospecting areas

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi I'm new to treasure net and I'm really into prospecting i need some prospecting locations about 3 hours away from fort irwin. If anyone could give me some good locations I would really appreciate it. Also we have a gold cube we've been really wanting to use. We are in California. Need replies by Friday.we have a gold cube we want to use

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ProspectorALEX

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My mom got me maps from blm and I think that is close to fortirwin but my mom drive out there and got scared driving on desert roads so we turned back after metal detecting for a hour . Too many bullets

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alex, what kind of detector do you have? If allowed, you could do some nugget
shooting right in your general area.

Have you had any luck with your detector?

OP
OP
ProspectorALEX

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello! This is his mom, Michelle. First, I wanted to thank you for your replies! Before his dad left, he made a joke that he expected us to find gold by Friday when he gets home. Alex was searching on the computer all day and found this app. Treasurenet is a gem! I am not good at reading blm maps so we have been cautious about going to "open" lands. After a year of having a gold pan sitting around, I figured I had to get him out. So a few weeks ago, he set up a sluice I got for him for his birthday in Keyesville. I just dug up some dirt and he ran it....all with knowledge HE learned from YouTube videos. I didn't take it seriously at all. I actually thought all the pyrite was real gold lol i remember texting my husband "black sand! gold everywhere. I was clueless. We stayed a few hours and he ran the sand, I sat around paranoid we were doing something illegal on blm land lol and we drove home and the "concentrate" say in the garage for about 2 weeks....until his dad was like ok fine, I'll watch some videos and learn how to pan....and he did and found a few specks!!!! Well, of course, now it seems everyone has gold fever lol but the last few explorations to mill creek (San bernardino forest) proved fruitless....but at least the kids have fun playing in water :) Anyway, what a fun hobby (although I don't know if we are doing it right because we break our backs digging!) It is so fun seeing a speck, hoping the next pan will bring more. I am awful at panning, but my husband seems to have picked it up OK because he's the one who found the first one. It's funny that this all started by watching "diggers" and with a metal detector. Now we have 3 gold pans, a small sluice and gold fever! It sure is nice to get out of the Mohave, fort irwin is in the middle of no where!!! If only gas were cheaper....anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for your kindness toward our military & for helping my son with his "obsession" of finding gold. I'm sure he is so excited to share your responses with his dad on Friday :D Thank you, sincerely!
Mom to a crazy miner :)

OP
OP
ProspectorALEX

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dizzy digger I have found a lot of cans,foil,a bracelet,a fake ring,pennies,nails,screws,wire,and a giant piece of metal an inch thick.also I have a treasure cove all metal metal detector. If you want a pic of the controlls private message me.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sounds like you're learning how to use it, but can you tell me what
the brand and Model are? Is it a Tesoro, or a Bounty Hunter, or maybe even
a Fisher or Garrett ACE 250?

Reason I ask is that some metal detectors are made for finding coins and
relics (old stuff), and other detectors are made more for finding gold.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alex, congratulations on finding some gold! Have you looked at the East Fork San Gabriel river? There are a few guys on here that go there. Look under
older posts (2-3 months ago) I think its in the Sluicing sub-forum. There may be rowdy crowds there on weekends, but during the week may be okay.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, Alex - Try in Panning forum Jan 14, 2012 by Moondog2000 titled "East Fork San Gabriel, So Cal" Its six pages long and you'll see lots of names to
connect to other more recent posts about the place.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome young man. You are about my grandsons age. He has been mining since he was 5. The gold cube is a good piece of equipment. It is mostly ment to be used as a fine gold proccessor. You use it after you ran material through you sluice. Then you classify (screen) your concentrates (dirt in the sluice) through a screen 1/8 " size. Then you can run it through the gold cube and you will get your fine gold and any thing bigger. As far as where to go I can't help you there as I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota ( MT. Rushmore country). My baby brother is also army. He is a Lt. Col. Please tell your dad thankyou from me for his serivce to our country. It is very much appreciated.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

I don't agree with the comments on the cube. Classify your material straight away. Put the stuff under 1/8 thru the cube and the larger stuff (maybe up to 1/2 inch) thru your sluice or just pan it depending on volume of material. The cube is much faster than a sluice for that finer material and more efficient too :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions