Need Help Finding a first detector, got around $200

VadimWA

Sep 6, 2012
Federal Way, Washington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone, im new to all this and havent bought a detector yet, ive been looking at some, but havent really decided which would be better.. Im just looking for something to find coins and if lucky some silver/gold ect.
Ive looked at the whites coinmaster, garrett 150/250, and teknetics alpha 2000. But not sure which is best.. or is there another one that may be better? thanks

richbat

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre/GPP/Lesche/Bomb Sheath
For what it's worth check out the Fisher F2 or the Tesoro Compadre,I have both and swear by them.I think the Fisher has a 5 year warranty and the Tesoro a lifetime warranty.Rich

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Compadre

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
VadimWA, Welcome to Tnet. Cool, I remember when I first started, I kicked some royal be hind my first season with an old crapper (not my tectin partner, my machine) but my bud was my mentor and I learned tectin quick, a mentor flattens out the learning curve like a hammer. VadimWA, to you!, whom asks a real, bona fide question, with a question mark included, I SALUTE YOU!!:occasion14: But everyone knows that answer of course! The answer is yes. Of course. Simple question, simple answer. I hope I have helped. Best regards and best luck to you always

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
See if you can come up w/another $100 or so and consider a Tesoro Silver uMax - even a used one. Just my recommendation. Otherwise the F2 or an ACE 250. But I think you get a heck of a lot more with the Tesoro for just a little more money.

OP
OP
V

VadimWA

Sep 6, 2012
Federal Way, Washington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a new Fisher F2 off ebay. for $215, with extra 4" coil, f- pointer, headphones and ect. plus 5year warrenty, have tested it and is a great machine, just the tesoro doesnt have a screen which im not used to, so i went with the fisher, Thanks for the advice! I have some woods behind my house, with a old trail, which ill check out. keep you posted on my finds :)

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to youtube....search Ace250 videos!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions