Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is everyone aware that if you post , than you can edit it anytime you want?
Let's say you post something and a day or two later you want to Change or delete your post for whatever reason! Now let's say someone wants to go back to the post and quote it but can't find it. That is very frustrating to me.. Can we vote to have " posted in stone" without change.
Sorry pal if you hit the enter button to post than that's it.... No changing your post!
Probably some legality issue,but it's worth trying!
I know that this pi$$$$ me off .:-[

Not in stone maybe a couple of days. I post and will notice a couple of hours or so later that I made a mistake in spelling, or what I said did not make sense and would want to reword it.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Especially when you write something with too much alcohol in your system. The day after, you read what you wrote and say, "Huh, did I actually write that". Ya want to get rid of your post in a hurry.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Well there it is. Once quoted you can't alter your quoted post, only the original. That way history can not be rewritten.

M

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever i make a change to my original post it is usually very minor like a spelling, grammar or minor sentence layout mistake. i try to never completely change my post, but a button that shows history of your changes you have made could be handy for many reasons, instead of "writing in stone"

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Change you post.. I change my post a lot ... And there is others that do it also...... If i had to vote on it ... I would say yes let us ...MAKE Changes to our post if we have to.... That is a dumb idea we can not change our post........ I write my post then i read it....... Then i post it and sometimes after i read it once it has been posted............I say to myself...... Holy crap did i say that ... I have to change that......... AND i just changed this post it is a something that is needed at times.......

Last edited:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
flyadive said:
Read the next postRead the next postRead the next postRead the next postRead the next postRead the next postRead the next postRead the next postRead the next postRead the next postRead the next postRead the next post

Ok that's strange. If your worried about your post, don't post it.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I change my posts anytime I feel like.. One time I had started a great thread, once I had a few replies I totally changed the subject matter and the answers/replies were hysterical. It was so much better than twisting someones words :tongue3: There are still a few here that probably remember it, and were afraid to post on any of my other topics :laughing7:

Pffft if people can't take a joke :laughing7:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
spartacus53 said:
I change my posts anytime I feel like.. One time I had started a great thread, once I had a few replies I totally changed the subject matter and the answers/replies were hysterical. It was so much better than twisting someones words :tongue3: There are still a few here that probably remember it, and were afraid to post on any of my other topics :laughing7:

Pffft if people can't take a joke :laughing7:

Seems a lot can't take it.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You can't change the title of the thread though! Frank

Attachments

• The Mask  700.jpg
    The Mask 700.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 75

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What made it funny is that some came back to read other replies and saw a whole new topic, one they sure as heck didn't reply to originally :laughing7: I would say that the majority were good sports and some replies could have fit into either thread with no problem. I guess you had to have been there to appreciate it :tongue3: I've had doozies here in the past and have calmed down, but you just never know :tongue3: I think my best feat was to post about 30 threads in a row and made the everything else forum all Spartacus53 for the day :laughing7: It took me at least a week to write different posts and save them in WORD, then copy/paste and post :tongue3:

Here's a computer shot of the Everything Else page at the time

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/my-daily-snapshot/242820-pictures-worth-thousand-words.html

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
What was the question?

I don't know, I've been on a couple of forums that give you something like a 20 minute window to alter your post, after that it's there for eternity.

Only problem with changing or deleting posts is it can get confusing as all hello when you are reading and there are now deleted posts, and then the replies make no sense as to what they were replying to.

Try reading any of the threads where Blindbowman posts. He'll go back pages and delete or rewrite his posts and you'll be lost for a page or two unless someone has quoted his post.

Honestly in the treasure section, I've never seen so many altered/deleted posts on a thread/forum, and I belong to an easy dozen or so.

If you screw up, man up, admit in the next post, and move on. Not like you could go back and change a verbal conversation you had, all you can do is correct what you said if wrong, or explain yourself as to what you meant.

OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dr. Syn said:
What was the question?

I don't know, I've been on a couple of forums that give you something like a 20 minute window to alter your post, after that it's there for eternity.

Only problem with changing or deleting posts is it can get confusing as all hello when you are reading and there are now deleted posts, and then the replies make no sense as to what they were replying to.

Try reading any of the threads where Blindbowman posts. He'll go back pages and delete or rewrite his posts and you'll be lost for a page or two unless someone has quoted his post.

Honestly in the treasure section, I've never seen so many altered/deleted posts on a thread/forum, and I belong to an easy dozen or so.

If you screw up, man up, admit in the next post, and move on. Not like you could go back and change a verbal conversation you had, all you can do is correct what you said if wrong, or explain yourself as to what you meant.

Amen brother!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Editing a post is nothing new, in fact the other treasure websites all allow it as well as deleting threads...... Anytime a thread is changed it is noted as modified... If someone changes wording and you remember something different even if someone denies saying something what does it really matter in the long run......

OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Editing a post is nothing new, in fact the other treasure websites all allow it as well as deleting threads...... Anytime a thread is changed it is noted as modified... If someone changes wording and you remember something different even if someone denies saying something what does it really matter in the long run......

Well I use my iPhone 98% of the time and it doesn't tell me " modified" and anyway who cares what the other "treasure Hunter" forums are doing. They just follow the leader ! Don't they?

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
back on topic

How many sheets could a sheet slitter slit if a sheet slitter could slit sheets?

Fly
You cannot stereotype all sheet splitters. I can tell you but need to know:

1 Is this a union sheet splitter?
2 In what city does this sheet splitter work (you can just answer "Chicago" or "other")
3 Is this on a Friday afternoon or Monday morning?

Glad to be of help.
vor

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I use my iPhone 98% of the time and it doesn't tell me " modified" and anyway who cares what the other "treasure Hunter" forums are doing. They just follow the leader ! Don't they?

I agree, no reason to change our procedure on posting either....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread