Need help from a current Tejon owner

stevengolfs

Greenie
Jan 7, 2010
I'm thinking of buying a used Tejon that a guy is selling on Craigslist. I looked it over, and it seems to be OK, except that I noticed that the Alt Discrim knob didn't click on and off like the lower right Discrim knob does. Is that normal, or is the Alt Discrim knob defective? Many thanks in advance for checking this out for me. If that's normal, my next step is to take it outdoors, ground balance it and do more testing. It was raining the day I first saw it.

Crazyzook

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2011
I'm thinking of buying a used Tejon that a guy is selling on Craigslist. I looked it over, and it seems to be OK, except that I noticed that the Alt Discrim knob didn't click on and off like the lower right Discrim knob does. Is that normal, or is the Alt Discrim knob defective? Many thanks in advance for checking this out for me. If that's normal, my next step is to take it outdoors, ground balance it and do more testing. It was raining the day I first saw it.
That is the way it should be. The lower discrim knob goes into all medal when turned counter clockwise (clicked).
The link below is a good resource for Tejon owners. Good luck with the machine.

ubuntuone.com/p/Ttt/

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember with Tesoro products, Tesoro may fix used detectors for free if something is wrong. You'll love the Tejon. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

stevengolfs

Greenie
Jan 7, 2010
That is the way it should be. The lower discrim knob goes into all medal when turned counter clockwise (clicked).
The link below is a good resource for Tejon owners. Good luck with the machine.

ubuntuone.com/p/Ttt/

Thanks for your response...it is much appreciated.

stevengolfs

badger

Mar 7, 2012
Divide, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buy the tejon....tesoros are great..espically the Tejon and the "V"....

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
350 is a really good used price for that if it works good!! I've been looking at all sorts of tesoros new and used, best I found was 400 used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread