Need help IDing this..

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
Need help ID'ing this..

Well my dad dug this at a battlefield down here in south ark. and i have never seen it.. any help id'ing this would be awesome.. and if you need any more info on it. let me know as well..

It looks like it might have had a pin that was attached on one side and there is a slot on the other side of the back as you can see in the pics. but not sure at all..

Was about 8-9 inches down he said.

IMG_9268.jpg

IMG_9263.jpg

relicminelab.jpg

Upvote 0

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Need help ID'ing this..

I agree suspender clip

OP
OP
Corpsegrinder

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+

I think so too. Now to find out the history behind this design

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is a civilian item, and they are common finds in sites dating from 1850 to 1900. The Uncommon thing about them is that there was a great variety in the production of these items. I have never dug two that were the same, unless they came from the same site (a matching pair). Seldom have I even seen ones posted here that are identical to the ones I or my buddies have dug.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,268686.0.html

Regards,

Buckleboy

OP
OP
Corpsegrinder

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used

Thanks buckles. I still feel like his battlefeild has more goodies to give up. Was checking the maps and the location was right on the wagon train capture part. This is a big battlefield maybe 20-30+ acres we are grossing best we can to Trying to locate what others have not in the past 30 years

Met one fellow who detected this place for a few years and turned us on to where to start. So hopefully I will be posting more finds soon

thanks all.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I vote suspender clip

Top Member Reactions