Need Help With Final 2 Choices. ATPro or Omega 8000

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Out of those 2, I personally would take an AT Pro. I wouldn't last 5 minutes detecting with the 8000 and it's horrible 1 -4 tones.
But I'd only get an AT Pro for it's shallow waterproofing so I'm really no help.

What other machines were on your list when you made it?

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would you even consider the AT Pro when it is still under constant and continual design for improvement? The Omega is Monte's primary detector.

It seems that my post about Monte's preferring the Omega 8000 was misunderstood somehow. It came from a very reputable and well-respected site, and has valuable information for us all to glean and learn from (especially having been posted by Monte). Maybe 4nines can explain that to me.. Or are we limited to only posting materials from just this site?

Note: This is not a challenge, I just want to know the rules..:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Warshrike

Warshrike

Nov 1, 2009
Seems a lot of people love the ATpro. However, I have also considered the G2, the Tejon, the CZ3D and an Extera 705.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used

Tejon baby. Deep machine.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried my buddies AT Pro for about 30 minutes and thought it was an ergonomic disaster. I hated the display. BUT- he does well with it. So I would chose the Omega. But now that you have opened a can of worms with your last post. I would chose the Tejon or Xtera 705 before any of the others you mentioned.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
i have to agree there are better machines out there then the ones mentioned for me would be the tesoro outlaw or silver umax crazy good discrim and lifetime warranty.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems a lot of people love the ATpro. However, I have also considered the G2, the Tejon, the CZ3D and an Extera 705.

EXterra 705 of the ones listed. Especially if you don't plan on going over knee deep in water.

Last edited:

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I finally narrowed it down to either the ATPro or the Omega 8000. All I want is something that hits hard on old coins ans silver. I'm in Indiana and just hunt old schools and homesites. Sometimes the woods. Not much water at all.

Obviously the nay sayers and haters are going to jump all over the ATP, try contacting a few different vendors, tell them what type of hunting & where you'll be doing it, Im sure most will agree with the ATP. There were 2 other machines I considered and every dealer suggested the ATP for an all round better machine.

picklepete

Nov 22, 2012
americas heartland
Detector(s) used
Quest 20, Simplex+ on order, detecting on and off since the 1970's.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the 8000, and sold it, I have the ATPro. The AT gets way better depth than the 8000 in my soil. 8000 loved aluminum, very hard to pick out nickels, they read all over the meter. 8000 had great ergonomics.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously the nay sayers and haters are going to jump all over the ATP, try contacting a few different vendors, tell them what type of hunting & where you'll be doing it, Im sure most will agree with the ATP. There were 2 other machines I considered and every dealer suggested the ATP for an all round better machine.

I recently bought a t2se. I called three vendors and each one tried talking me into the atp.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Omega whips my friends AT-Pro in all but water...but his has leaked 2 times this summer and is in at Garretts now,he wished it worked...it does if we keep it out of the water.
The Omega beats the AT-Pro in depth here in Southern N.Y. by about 2" and a is better coin/relic hunter..better balanced...i`m not bashing any brands i use them all.
Just go to" You Tube" and in the metal detector section and type in "omega vs at-pro" and see for yourself.
Gary

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My metal detector is better! No, MY metal detector is better than yours! Well mine is better than ALL of yours!

Pathetic!

OP
OP
Warshrike

Warshrike

Nov 1, 2009
Well, I went ahead and ordered the ATPro adventure pack, the 5x8 coil and a pro pointer. Bart at big boy hobbies hooked me up with a GREAT price.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used

My metal detector is better! No, MY metal detector is better than yours! Well mine is better than ALL of yours!

Pathetic!

Ya well.....um.....well.....my Deus is better than your Deus....so there.:thumbsup:

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
Well, I went ahead and ordered the ATPro adventure pack, the 5x8 coil and a pro pointer. Bart at big boy hobbies hooked me up with a GREAT price.

You wont be disappointed.....people just get upset because it sells so well, but actually works better than most high price machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread