Need help with round brass or copper item 10 years in the making

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg I found this item over ten years ago. I found it when I was 13 years old with my first metal detector. The house I found it at has a lot of history including that it was built by a man who fought in the Civil War. The house is near Pittsburgh. I never found out what it was and it has just been sitting on a shelf at my parents house. I'm back into metal detecting and bottle digging so here I am haha.

For the item I think it's copper. It is about the size of a silver dollar maybe bigger? I can make out "OTM" on the front (bottom) and above that a bow that goes I to a wreath I believe. It looks like big letters in the wreath. Also inside the wreath it is different than the rest of the object. Held up to the light it is a blue glassy background around the letters. On the back it look liked it had something to be attached to clothing or whatever. And at the bottom there is very small letters I can't really make out. It possibly says "for" towards the end to the right. This may be a kids toy or some super rare medal. I have no clue and am too afraid to clean it. I hope someone has found something similar I would like to report to the homeowner what it is. Thanks in advance! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
research knights of the maccabees...this is a "womens benifit asssociation"pin/brooch late 1800s

images.jpg ...... image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread