Need Help

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys I need some help as there are many experts here.I hv got first detector of my life lol and its Makro racer.I bought it from there dealers in Pakistan.When I buyed it it wasn't packed properly.I didn't cared at tat time .The problem is its not working. Can't do GB and shows false signals by continue beeping.Its a faulty device when I contacted the dealer first he was rude and tried to blame me for all this.I talked with its manufacturers in Turkey.They were very nice and took my complaint seriously.They are sending me a new unit and a coil as replacement but its getting late due to their dealer.I think they HV sold me a used crap detector. My holidays are coming and I can't utilize them.So I wanna ask who can repair detectors I mean who do I contact.An electrition or a engineer lol I am tense as its been two months with this crap detector.A lot of time is wasted.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess the question is what country in the world are you located? Why did you buy in Pakistan? The manufactures are sending you a replacement unit so what's the problem?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Forum from White Plains, New York, Aayan! :hello:

You are in a bad situation. First let me say that it is fantastic that Notka/Makro is sending you a replacement unit - almost unheard of! The used machine you bought is now "your" problem. Of course the dealer is going to say you bought it "as is." You paid a lot to learn that you must always deal with a "trusted" dealer. As far as repair, you must send it back to Turkey (I'm assuming you are not in the United States).

I wish you Big Gold and Good Health! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
A

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi thanks for reply I am also from Pakistan didn't know tat their dealer is a ****.Problem is time I can't utilize my holidays coming after a week.

OP
OP
A

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi thanks u are rit I am not from the US.I am tense from the last two months.Makro is replacing my unit but it will take time

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi thanks for reply I am also from Pakistan didn't know tat their dealer is a ****.Problem is time I can't utilize my holidays coming after a week.

Yes, that is the REAL bummer (problem)! What are the laws about finding treasure where you want to metal detect, and what will you be looking for? :skullflag:

OP
OP
A

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we sue our dealer for crap machines they sold lol m really mad at him

OP
OP
A

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pakistan has a rich historical history dating back to BC.M after old relics of Ghandhara Art buried here and there.U can't do detecting near official heritage sites.. U can do on private lands or in mountains and jungles.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You need to talk with someone that knows your laws and court system, I'm just an old fat guy! :tongue3:

It is probably not worth the money or time to pursue. Take it as an expensive lesson learned, and be thankful for the replacement machine the Company is giving(?) you. :icon_thumleft:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i dunno what small claims court is like in Pakistan, but here it is just not worth pursuing. like terry said chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Aayan, welcome to the forum and the hobby. Perhaps what the dealer meant when he tried to "blame you", was not to "blame you" for supposed damage. But rather perhaps he was saying you're operating it wrong. Because if you have never used a metal detector before, perhaps you are not operating it right.

Example: I knew a guy who sent a Whites XLT back to the manufacturer 3 different times "for repairs". And each time, they sent it back saying it works fine. Yet when he turned it on and tried to use it, the "disappearing signals" phenomenon kept happening. So he'd send it back again "for repairs". Finally Whites suggested he was using it wrong (ie.: "Blamed him"). The guy was FIT TO BE TIED , because he felt like they were insinuating that he was a dummy, incapable of reading the instructions with enough common sense to use it right. He had read the instruction manual 3x, and was confident he was using it right. But still: "disappearing signals".

FINALLY he figured out his problem: Whenever he'd get a signal, he would slow down to "hear it better". But what he didn't realize was that the XLT is a fast motion machine (when in disc.), so when he'd slow down, deeper signals would "disappear". So as you can see, he ate humble pie seeing as how it was an operator error.

I even asked him "I thought you read the instructions 3x. Didn't you see that it said 'motion required' ?". He said that ... yes ... he'd read that. But that he thought they were referring to left/right swing as you walk/progress through the field. And he'd thought "that's a silly instruction. HOW ELSE do they expect anyone to ever get any md'ing done UNLESS they are swinging the coil as they walk. Doh!"

So do you see how NO AMOUNT of printed instructions can convey some things to a person who's never used a metal detector ? Another example is the guy who puts a coin on his living room floor to try it out. Utterly oblivious to the fact that his floor has metal nails in the wood. Or how about the guy who keeps getting signals all over, and sent the machine back for "repairs". Only to realize later than he was wearing steel-toed boots ? The examples are endless.

So maybe you just misunderstood the dealer ?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure what you should do about your metal detector, but I do know that Pakistan has a rich history, and you are sure to eventually find some great ancient stuff. Good luck, and welcome! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread