Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i have been going out to A lot of different places and sometimes i don't really get much time at a certain site, so i was wondering what kind of a pattern should i walk to cover the most amount of ground in the least amount of time. and in parks where are the best places to hunt. i usually go around park benches and under big shady trees is this right or wrong? could use some help from some veterans

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a sad fact, but if you want maximum depth you'll cover the same amount of ground in the same time no matter what pattern you use. Overlapping sweeps is the only way to get the most out of your detector. Now, figuring out the site is even more important than how you grid it. (It is not how you sweep but where you sweep that finds the keepers!) If you determine that it hasn't been hunted to death, the obvious spots like you mentioned in your post will reward you. If it has been hunted several times before, then you won't get as much from this type of search, and you'll have to get creative to score the coins or relics.

Buckleboy

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
bb nailed it,, if you even think it's been hit, maybe think outside the box.... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions