seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Logic, prayer, hope, and instinct
Shortstack said:
Hello Seeker,
Stilldign wrote that the "4"s show that this is a "John" site. Well, in the first photo, there is a profile of a bearded man with a large nose, looking to the right. The same direcation as the pointer on the top of the "A". What does a "big nose" have to do with this? They have been called Roman Noses, but Middle Eastern folks (as in the Apostle John) also have big noses.

I made a negative of your last pic and there seems to be a large number "1" in the design. Perhaps that means the first cache of the site is in the direction of the pointer carved just above it.

Shortstack,

Thanks for the incite on the photos.

I will not be able to get back to this site this year but next year looks good. Meanwhile every last bit of information will certainly help. Thank you :icon_thumright:

Seeker

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seekeroforo said:
Blind.In.Texas said:
2nd picture: Buried at or in the vicinity of an active mission.
3rd picture: Buried at or in the vicinity of an active mission.

5th picture: Looks like a piece of copper ore that's been smoothed in a river ot stream.

I'm going fishing. Wish me luck.

Sounds to me like it is time to hit the library.
=====================
Thanks Thom!

BIT,

The greenish rock is not the one in question. I still don't know if it needs to be follwed (pointing) though or if it is "sitting" on something. My question above was in relation to the stuff underneath it. I don't have any working experience with caliche and am wondering if this could be some.

Good luck with the fishing (bass?) let us know how it turns out.

Seeker
Caliche occurs naturally world wide. It can be found in many places that are very dry. Look around the surrounding terrain to see if there are other outcrops of caliche at similar elevations. I've seen it in West Texas a lot but, it was almost always a pink color. I have found it near the Pecos River and Big Johnson Creek. Both places were full of white caliche.

A water polished stone on naturally dry terrain is always cause for attention. The fact that it appears to be copper ore, and you have TWO signs that indicate burials near religious places, is cause for attention.

Also, I really doubt that anyone would have just poured caliche into a mine shaft for the world to see. If, that is indeed what you are hinting at. Wherever one man goes, another is sure to follow. Caliche could have been used to fill the shaft to just below ground level. Then dirt would have finished of the hole. That way no one could see it. Signs should have been set to lead one to the location.

Fishing was great. Didn't land anything. If I had used a steel leader tonight I would have landed a 30-40 gator gar. These things are beasts....and quite tasty.

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Gotta agree with MIke on this one. The green, alien head rock (with heart on its head) would catch my attn.

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
To all:

I think it may be time to hit the library. Un fortunately in the area I currently reside in this information is few and far between. Not one book store or public library has any information on this stuff. I need to find out more information about not only what the signs mean but what they mean when I get to the next location that they point me to. I understand that all of you have spent many hours and years (some decades) of YOUR time and I have very much respect for everyone's diligence, patience, and authority on this matter. I also respect that I am expected to do all of the "dirty" work including research.

None of the above signs\monuments are in any particular order (on purpose) some of them are several miles away from each other. I have the understanding about the relationship between elevations and ages of trees (I did a lot of growing up in this region in question), I also have a great foundation of knowledge of geology, the current hispanic language, and general theology but the interpretation of s\s is new to me.

I was under the impression that the spanish/jesuits would manufacture their own caliche (reconstituted) to cover entrances and to mortar boulders together to make them look natural.

When reference is made to a "John" site or other name, I still don't fully understand this and how to interpret where to go from there.

I am at the mercy of the great many of you folks here and graciously appreciate any and all of you great people. Thank you in advance and for everything else thus far.

Humbly,

Seeker :notworthy:

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
mannings said:
Gotta agree with MIke on this one. The green, alien head rock (with heart on its head) would catch my attn.

Any chance you can show me this heart (not seeing clouds today)? I would be in debt to you.

Thanks,

Seeker (pain in the ___ noob)

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Seeker,

Would love to. However, I cannot, for some reason, re-load your pic to the site (never had this trouble before).

-- I saved as a jpg. but the error message says "cannot load this file type must be jpb., gif ........ " --

Anyway, will try my best at a description (should be noted, the "clouds" theories sometimes drive me crazy too, but I do see a heart so ...).

Okay, try to see/view this green rock as an animal-type head, with the eye-socket and the nostril positioned so that the face is looking toward you but to your left. Got it? Okay, now, on the bridge of the nose is the bottom point of the heart. Both lobes are just above the eye-sockets and on the lower forehead. We seeing the same clouds yet? :thumbsup:

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Diggem'

Attachments

• DSC00061A.jpg
    DSC00061A.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,485
OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Mannings and Diggem',

I got it now, thanks! :wink:

There are some conflicting thoughts on whether it is a 'duck' or a 'snake head'. What are your thoughts?

Seeker

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Is it symmetrical ? i.e. are there the same nostril and eye shapes on the opposite side ? If so, I would find it hard to believe it was anything other than formed-by-man. On the other hand, if there aren't very similar markings on the opposite side, I would give it a higher probability of being just the random effects of nature resulting in a form our noggins want to assign significance to.

Diggem'

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Diggemall said:
Is it symmetrical ? i.e. are there the same nostril and eye shapes on the opposite side ? If so, I would find it hard to believe it was anything other than formed-by-man. On the other hand, if there aren't very similar markings on the opposite side, I would give it a higher probability of being just the random effects of nature resulting in a form our noggins want to assign significance to.

Diggem'

^^^ This

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Along the Pedernales River there are truck-size concretions that look EXACTLY like broken concrete. My father-in-law even said there must have been a bridge there at one time. There wasn't. Not ever.

I can not see anyone leaving such an interesting rock to lead the way to treasure. That rock is way too cool.....and portable for that purpose. It could to mark a trail navigating the terrain. Shadow symbols should be created with permanent objects that are not subect to removal.

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
All very excellent information!

Now one just has to wonder if it has 'significant' meaning in an 'unnatural' place.

Mannings, I corrected my misspelling of your handle. Sorry for that.

I guess I will try to find more info on why it would be placed here, if it was and if it is a duck what is next and then if it is a snake, what is next.

I believe that this does have significant meaning because it is on a trail (not sure if it is a two-way or on the in or out). Don't think shadows have much to do here as you have mentioned that it is too easily moved. The fact that this example of rock does not replicate anywhere in the area and there are not any streams/rivers or run-off chutes near it as well.

~Seeker~

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Some more pics...

#1 anybody see this before?

#2 Same as the first post of this thread only full pic with more detail on the lower left of the symbols

#3 Hacked up by Amerindians? Or does the outline have significance?

#4 Stack of wood near the smelting pit (evidence of activity)

#5 Significantly smaller cross on a tree. Remember the last ones posted were three feet tall or so, this one maybe a foot. ;D

Well, what do you folks think?

As always,

~Seeker~

Just to clarify, i'm not the old man with the pony tail :laughing7:

Attachments

• DSC00053.JPG
    DSC00053.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,439
  • DSC00055.JPG
    DSC00055.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,459
  • DSC00059.JPG
    DSC00059.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,459
  • DSC00069.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 1,444
  • DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00074.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,431
S

Smee

I don't think #3 has to do with your other signs. Without knowing where you are (I'm not asking) I cannot be sure of the age of that tree. But after closer examination, I really don't think it is a medicine tree either.

Have you ever heard of the Adirondaks? It is a mountain range, but the name "Adirondacks" (I think in Mohawk) meant "tree eaters". During the little famine month and big famine month, sometimes a tribe had to eat bark because it was so tough to find food.

The Ute in Colorado did this also and the scars look just like your tree. However, sometimes the carvings were made by the medicine man for healing purposes - to cure illness.

Harv%20and%20Med%20Tree%20Corrected.jpg

The above picture is of a medicine tree in the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument, as is this one. The large tree, look to the lower left to see where the bark has been peeled away.

Med%20Tree%20near%20cave%20Corrected.jpg

According to a source at the Pikes Peak Museum:
For some Ute Medicine People, then, the Tree People are their special helpers. When they need to do a healing, they will have a dream or a vision, and a certain tree will speak to them. They then go to this particular tree and make a small cut (from about 6 to 12 inches) parallel to the ground, but at a height on the tree that correlates to the location of illness on the patient’s body. A sharp stick is inserted into this cut, and is leveraged upward to peel the bark away. The inner layer of this bark is then used in a healing ceremony. The fire for this ceremony is started with a cut section of the exposed tree that is now acts like fat wood due to the infusion of tree sap.6

This explanation of Medicine Trees expands and differs from the documented sources, adding a special spiritual dimension. The two accounts would seem to contradict one another. However, there are several facts that I feel will integrate and clarify the truth.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Smee:
Did the people who ate that bark make those extraordinary markers and monuments? Just curious. That's an interesting hand holding the heart between it's thumb and foreknuckle.

Med Tree near cave Corrected.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker:
The meaning of a site being a "John" site is that some numbers in the symbols found refer to chapters and verses in the Book of John, KJV Bible. Those verses were used to give further hints to the locations of "deposits".

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Shortstack said:
Seeker:
The meaning of a site being a "John" site is that some numbers in the symbols found refer to chapters and verses in the Book of John, KJV Bible. Those verses were used to give further hints to the locations of "deposits".

I had a feeling, Thank you so kindly for clarifying that for me. :icon_thumright:

~Seeker~

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Smee,

That is some very interesting information! I'll have to look into it further. I am posting a pic of it that I have touched up. It looks as if there were some 'signs' of some type and it has been vandalized (indians?) I know that they were not friendly here and may have tried to stop passers by from finding their way. However, that does not mean that I will rule out your highly valuable information as it could mean the difference between wasting time on something unrelated to the task at hand or knowing that a tree such as this served a spiritual purpose.

I am very confident that this area has not been fandalized by people from this or the last century as the "damage" is old and there has never been any sightings of modern man in this area i.e. horse tracks, garbage, etc.

Thanks again,

~Seeker~

Attachments

• DSC00059[1].JPG
    DSC00059[1].JPG
    157 KB · Views: 1,436

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker:
Did you see this little guy with the mustache, white shirt, and bow tie? I just basically outlined him and his bowtie so you can pick him out. Either he's a ghost, real washed out painting, or a photo fake.

DSC00059[1].JPG

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Shortstack said:
Seeker:
Did you see this little guy with the mustache, white shirt, and bow tie? I just basically outlined him and his bowtie so you can pick him out. Either he's a ghost, real washed out painting, or a photo fake.

LMAO!

This photo has not been touched by any third parties until now. Everything you see is in its pristine state (as of the photo op). The only thing I added was a little zoom and the yellow oval. This site means more to me than treasure, I am following not only in the footsteps of the ancients of ophir/America but of those my father has laid down as well. I would not make any attempt to deceive anyone on this site for humor, trespass, or any other false premise as I value and respect the historical content as well as the time that people such as yourself have spent on this subject matter greatly.

That being said, I don't think that this man with the lip rug is purposefully there but purely coincidental lol. ;D

My father thought that this carving had something to do with the Jesuit mission bell? That would be great if it did, but I don't know nor does he any evidence of a mission in the vicinity. Not within a hundred miles or so anyways. The contents within the oval seam to be several individual signs that were removed and cannot be deciphered. I have seen one other post here that was either a drawing or picture that showed something similar that would give a person the metric for the final position of the cache. If that is the case I would like to meet the person responsible for this destruction to have a sit down and possibly a 'long drop with an abrupt stop' if you know what I mean. :wink:

All long wind aside, I am not a mean person but really want to know what might have been on this panel in the past.

Thanks for the sighting of the man in the white shirt. Next time I am there I will definitely look closer, maybe you are on track afterall.

~Seeker~ :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread