Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
You may wish to check out this book: Nevada Ghost Towns and Mining Camps by Stanley W. Paher.
Interesting that you mentioned Gabbs. IMO that 'town' was never much more than a few hundred people 'back in the day'; and not incorporated till the '40s (1940s, that is). You might have better luck in the nearby gold mine area of Paradise Peak.
Don.....

Av8joker

Aug 6, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I am not close to you now, I travel to NV 4-6 times per year and would like to tag along if you get any good leads.
Thanks

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Living in Pahrump,NV. Not to good an area for metal detecting here. Does anyone
have any info. on the followsing areas? Tonapha,Goldfield,Silver Peak,Gabbs,Manhatten,NV.
My thing is gold nuggets,not coins. Thanks for any replies.
A few years ago, a big nugget was found in NV, east of Beatty. It ws up in the mountains, but I can't remember the name of the mountain it was found on. It was up there on the edge of the Nevada Test Site, somewhere.
Jim

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biggest problem with Nevada is that it is still mining friendly,so the majority of gold bearing ground is claimed up.....mostly by huge Mining Corp's who also patrol them.Research where gold has been found,then research whether its claimed or not

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread