Need Permission in Arizona

Oldhunter67

Aug 21, 2009
Central, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV, Whites 6T, Garrett AT Pro ( Have used DFX, XLT, Fisher, Garretts )
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend and I are headed to Arizona this February, 2010. Headed to the Prescott area to pan and metal detect for placer gold. We plan to camp out and just rough it for about 3-4 weeks. Probably my last chance to head west..We live in Central , New York.. Was hoping that we could meet up with or be given permission to hunt on claims that are owned by members of this forum. If you think thats ok and you wouldnt mind two people on your claim for a week or so please email me your phone number so that I can introduce myself. I just want to know Im welcome before I get there and wouldn't intentionally work anothers claim without prior approval. Mostly interested in Big Bug, Hassayampa and Lynx Creek areas..Or anywhere in the Bradshaws as I have been there on 2 other occasions..Beautiful area..nice people.. Thanks Jim

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Ifn' ya have the time a el cheapo GPAA membership(wash my mouth out with soap) will fill your particuliar needs quite well. But the claims book and such are much harder to obtain that will fulfill your needs. tons a au 2 u2 -John :read2:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Why don't you just go down by stanton and buy a family membership from Weaver(borders Stanton).It's $25 for a year and the whole area is open to you.There's gold there.In fact,probably more gold than the GPAA has in Stanton.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I believe his office is in Congress.
http://www.delange.org/RichHill/RichHill.htm

Don't know how accurate this is,but several yrs ago -

It was located right in the small town of Congress. They might even call it Congress Juction. The guy who runs it is Les Bender. He is under VKO Mine Development Co. P.O. Box 598 Congress, AZ 85332. The Phone number is- (520)427-6336. Hope this will help you out.

P.S. Les is the guy who runs Weaver Mining District, but I'm not for sure if this number is His or the WMD's number. Regardless this will get you to your destination.

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
run the geocommunicator. a lot of the claims on the big bug did not get pickjed up when arizona did the refilling years ago. I like the areas north of fort misery. i prefer metal detecting off the creek. i wouldn't waste my timr at lynx

Wild Boulder Bill

OP
OP
O

Oldhunter67

Aug 21, 2009
Central, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV, Whites 6T, Garrett AT Pro ( Have used DFX, XLT, Fisher, Garretts )
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas for your replies. The last 2 times I was in the area..about 10 years ago I worked Lynx Creek ( Pan only ) and picked up some color. Was only there for a couple days so didnt get to explore the area. The first time I was also on Lynx Creek with my wife and , then, 11 year old son. Found a few nuggets just panning..Was hoping that being in February there might be some moving water available and I might get to do some sluicing as thats my favorite method of hunting for gold. I dont have a nugget detector as of yet and thinking about buying one..and if not then using my Prizm 6T in the all metal mode..Dont know if it would work but ya never know I guess. As always any information or tips would be appreciated..Thanks... Jimmy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread